How can i play music while playing games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by shap08, Dec 2, 2009.

1. shap08

shap08 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2009
    Manchester United FAN!
    Australia-DownUnder
    Hello,

So here i was thinking i knew alot about iphones/itouches but i cant even figure out how to run music and play games etc. My ipod is jailbroken so any apps can be suggested.

I hate some in game music and would like my own.

Please help me....=p

If i play music then enter the game it auto disables it,

then i try double tap home (because i have it setup like that in the settings) but it just escapes the game and sends me back to the music.

2. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    Some games just don't allow you to play your own music while playing.

3. shap08

shap08 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2009
    Manchester United FAN!
    Australia-DownUnder
    So not even a jailbreak app can help me?

4. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Software architect, game dev and book author
    xor eax, eax
    I think every game should provide the option to disable the ingame music and sound effects. This was a very basic requirement when I designed Libra.

5. Jaakko

Jaakko New Member

With iphone headphones you can play music in any game by pressing the play button

6. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    There is a jailbreak app that can actually help you. I downloaded it on Rock and it's called iPodPop. Basically it gives you the function of double tapping the home button to access the iPod pop up music controls that were there originally before Apple took it out. You can adjust volume, play/pause, and skip songs. Alternatively, you can buy a pair of apple earphones that have a remote. Hope this helps :)

7. h0130j03

h0130j03 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    choose the music you wanna play in the music player/ipod ,Lower the in game music volume all the way down. then while in-game press your home button twice in quick succesion. tap play and enjoy :)

8. j.donald

j.donald Member

Nov 25, 2009
    never thought of putting music while playing , but any ways sad to hear that u cant play music along with games ,

it would have been better if we could have played it ,

guys at apple do something and make this thing possible.

9. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Actually, I found a quick trick on the iPod Touch that lets you play music in game. While in game (or anywhere on your iPod, it doesn't matter where) double press the the home button, and a small music player will come up. Hit play, and it will play songs at random, as if on shuffle. You can still change songs, but only one at a time.

Oh wait... someone already said this... whoops, my bad.

10. shap08

shap08 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2009
    Manchester United FAN!
    Australia-DownUnder
    Worked great thank you!