Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

View Poll Results: What was your favorite release the week of July 12?
Deep Loot 20 48.78%
Micromon 4 9.76%
80 Days 7 17.07%
Blood Bowl 3 7.32%
Super Heavy Sword 3 7.32%
Epic Skater 0 0%
Impossible Flyer 1 2.44%
Murl the Squirrel 1 2.44%
Rotate 2 4.88%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-05-2014, 12:28 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Poll is not live, participants are encouraged to discuss their vote.
Old 08-06-2014, 08:18 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Voted for Deep Loot, I doubt that will surprise anyone!
Old 08-06-2014, 08:34 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

A quiet week for me, did play Super Heavy Sword a fair bit, wish the dev would use (or pay) someone to develop it as a 'standard' app so its not gamesalad. Lots of potential.

But overall a quiet week for me
Old 08-06-2014, 10:06 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
A quiet week for me, did play Super Heavy Sword a fair bit, wish the dev would use (or pay) someone to develop it as a 'standard' app so its not gamesalad. Lots of potential.

But overall a quiet week for me
Have you tried Deep Loot? Don't want to sound like I'm pushing it at every opportunity (even though I am) but it's quite satisfyingly old-school, I could see you enjoying it.
Old 08-06-2014, 12:00 PM

Vote for Deep Loot!!! Can't put down device while playing it!
Old 08-06-2014, 01:11 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
Have you tried Deep Loot? Don't want to sound like I'm pushing it at every opportunity (even though I am) but it's quite satisfyingly old-school, I could see you enjoying it.
Thanks for the suggestion. It's not bad at all but not quite my cup of tea! Great retro look and feel though. Too 'minecrafty-ish' for me though

Just have to okay one of my 400 installed games instead !
Old 08-06-2014, 03:00 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Voted for Super Heavy Sword. I think it's a pretty excellent game with some gamesalad flaws (loading times). I think the overall gameplay is really good and the art is some of the best Ash has done so far.

I'll give an honorable mention to Deep Loot. It's overall pretty exceptional... but like many freemium games I gotta ask myself, "what's the point?". The point in any game for me is feeling like I'm accomplishing something and having fun doing it. For Deep Loot it ultimately boils down to grinding to complete a collect-a-thon. Like what Donkey Kong 64 turned into without the actual story, levels, and endgame included. Granted I like classic rpg grinding (heck I liked DK64 for the most part) but the grind was always with the intent of beating some bosses and finishing a story, unlocking a new area, or something more... um... well... meaningful. That's not a big knock to Deep Loot... it does so many things right. It just has that grind to grind kind of gameplay that ultimately gets old. The only real positive to it gameplay wise for me is trying to find new stuff. That though starts to get old pretty quick. It's the "fun" of the game... but really in about an hour you could see most of what the game has to offer in terms of discoveries. After that it's just grinding to buy mostly useless stuff.
Old 08-06-2014, 03:34 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightc1 View Post
Voted for Super Heavy Sword. I think it's a pretty excellent game with some gamesalad flaws (loading times). I think the overall gameplay is really good and the art is some of the best Ash has done so far.

I'll give an honorable mention to Deep Loot. It's overall pretty exceptional... but like many freemium games I gotta ask myself, "what's the point?". The point in any game for me is feeling like I'm accomplishing something and having fun doing it. For Deep Loot it ultimately boils down to grinding to complete a collect-a-thon. Like what Donkey Kong 64 turned into without the actual story, levels, and endgame included. Granted I like classic rpg grinding (heck I liked DK64 for the most part) but the grind was always with the intent of beating some bosses and finishing a story, unlocking a new area, or something more... um... well... meaningful. That's not a big knock to Deep Loot... it does so many things right. It just has that grind to grind kind of gameplay that ultimately gets old. The only real positive to it gameplay wise for me is trying to find new stuff. That though starts to get old pretty quick. It's the "fun" of the game... but really in about an hour you could see most of what the game has to offer in terms of discoveries. After that it's just grinding to buy mostly useless stuff.
Yes! Thisx100.
Old 08-06-2014, 07:51 PM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

I disagree completely. It's almost like you're implying a game needs to have a story to be good. You can have fun collecting things and have fun in the process of collecting things. That's what Deep Loot is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightc1 View Post

You kind of mentioned what Deep Loot is in your description of what a game should be to you. I guess the only difference is you're not having fun while others are.

In Deep Loot you get new areas by going further like RPGs in the same fashion of being stronger so you can get further. You also unlock boats and other things for finding certain things just like in RPGs finding rare equipment. You can buy things in the store to upgrade your character like in RPGs you can to upgrade your character.

Last edited by L.Lawliet; 08-06-2014 at 07:54 PM..