Universal [Pulled] BioShock (by 2K)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    Is it running with 60fps on the latest devices?

2. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    #722 oldsnake, Dec 25, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2014
    What? Nope..it Run smooth on my iPhone 6 Plus,but it doesn't Run on 60 FPS also on PS3..Also if they add Metal support can't Run at 60 Fps on latest devices..

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Standard iOS FPS playability. Comparable to Gameloft FPS, Dead Effect, Indigo Lake, etc.

4. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    I have this on x360 and theres an option to run it at much higher than 30 fps at the cost of more tearing.I always went for that option.

Since the graphics are are way below the console version i assumed it would be possible at least on Air 2 with its 8 core GPU (according to benchmarks it should perform 50% better with games running in full resolution compared to iphone 6+).

And metal could definitely achieve this imo.Look at Battle Supremacy for example.Runs (mostly) on 60fps since the metal update and looks gorgeous.

5. spleen

spleen Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Australia
    #725 spleen, Dec 26, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2014
    I'm getting well below 30 fps on my 6+ and it's not even running at native res, not even iPhone 5/5S 1136*640. Metal optimisation might be enough to get it to a stable 30fps (which is enough, really) but I don't see the resolution being upped any. Dunno what res you iPad Air/2 folk are getting but I imagine with the increased specs it should at least be running at a non headache inducing framerate.

To echo most of the advice given so far, if you have the option of choosing between playing on console/PC over iOS then you'd be doing yourself a disservice choosing the iOS version. For me it's more a...I dunno, I just have it on my phone for the sake of having it on my phone? It's neat, it's technically Bioshock, but it's not the proper Bioshock experience by any stretch of imagination.

6. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    It's not possibile even on IPad Air 2..Battle Supremacy,OCEANHORN(60Fps on my iPhone 6 plus)aren't BIOSHOCK,it's a totally another thing..

7. Loozr

Loozr Member

May 23, 2013
    #727 Loozr, Dec 26, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2014
    As somebody mentioned before me: inverted look doesn't work. The switch to change it is present, but someone forgot to 'wire' it.
    Hmmmm...
    Let's hope for a patch soon.

Imho: the game looks good though on my ipad mini retina. 3rd time I bought this game : PC, PS3 and now ios. However, it's unplayable for me without inverted look. Can't help it. I was raised with inverted look.

8. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2013
    is this game worth a purchase? i never played bioshock, only have a mac laptop and no xbox or any other game system. always thought of getting bioshock, looked like a good game, but i keep hearing mixed feelings about it on ios. the price drop makes it more enticing but there are other games around the same price that im also interested in, like oddworld stranger's wrath which i never got to play either. any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. also im using an iphone 6 as my mobile device..

thank you!

9. newtothis

Oct 1, 2013
    is this game worth a purchase? i never played bioshock, only have a mac laptop and no xbox or any other game system. always thought of getting bioshock, looked like a good game, but i keep hearing mixed feelings about it on ios. the price drop makes it more enticing but there are other games around the same price that im also interested in, like oddworld stranger's wrath which i never got to play either. any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. also im using an iphone 6 as my mobile device..

thank you!

10. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    For me,it woth The FULL PRICE,i buy at launch day..graphic/port aside,it's BIOSHOCK,and if You never play it,smash that damn download bottom Now!! It's a unique experience,at last,only if you have an iPhone 6 plus,iPad air 1,2,if you don't have one of this devices,avoid,but remember that a 0,99€ price cut will never happen..

11. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    He also has a controller though.

12. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    If you never played before then you don't have anything to compare with. I'd say get it for 5 bucks. All the people saying how bad the graphics are came from the console or PC version so they have a direct comparison. Since you are new, everything is a fresh experience. Controls are like any other fps game, modern combat and what not, works well for touch screen.

13. newtothis

Oct 1, 2013
    thanks for the input everyone, very good points.

im leaning towards getting bioshock or maybe oddworld, just need to decide which i want to play more. seems bioshock wouldnt be bad since i dont know what im missing from the console version just playing a fps game with a good story, like zergslayer69 suggested.

14. mihaikrisan

mihaikrisan Member

Sep 4, 2013
    Pistol Master Achievement

Hi guys.Does anybody know how to get this achievement?

15. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    What GC achievement? They're The same as PS3 TROPHY and XBOX ACHIEVEMENT..description?

16. mihaikrisan

mihaikrisan Member

Sep 4, 2013
    Hi oldsnake! Thanks for replying.No,ITS not.I think it is exclusive to IOS.It saus in its description: Kill the door pounder. What is that?

17. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    #737 oldsnake, Jan 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
    Give me The time to release what GC achievement is(i live in Italy,so The name it's in italian language) and then i try to figure it out 
    EDIT: yup,it's The only GC Achievement esclusive of iOS port,i look at my PS3 TROPHY,and This achievement it's new,something Like "Kill The Enemy that knock at The door"it's related at use The Gun,but i don't know for Now what's The requierement for unlock it...

18. mihaikrisan

mihaikrisan Member

Sep 4, 2013
    I couldnt have understood the notion of door pounder without u,snake, thank u! I figured it out.Just start a new game and when u use the elevator to get to the kashmir restaurant, u will see a splicer banging at a door. After the scene with the splicer mom, where u get your pistol for the first time, head back until the edge and look down.You should hear and see the splicer at the door on a terrance a little down from you. Use the pistol to kill him( ideally eith a headshot) and voilla! Achievement unlocked :DDD

19. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    I'm glad i help you,and,welcome to TA,funny,that splicer it's The same that i use to unlock another GC achievement..
    Edit:next time use The Spoiler Tag when You post something related to part of The game,if You don't know Like use The spoiler Tag,PM me,and i write You how it work,basically,just select The text with spoiler and click on spoiler Tag,so,The text become black,and everyone it's free to see or to not see..

20. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Phew, finally beat bioshock on the ipad for the first time. Shame they kind of censored the last scene after watching the endings on youtube.