**** Download IMN: ZERO for FREE - Game Center Contest - FIVE $15 iTunes Cards! ****

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by Jorge., Dec 2, 2012.

1. Jorge.

Jorge. Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Game Developer/Designer
    Miraflores, Lima, Perú
    #1 Jorge., Dec 2, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
    EDIT: This Tournament has ended, but a NEW Tournament has started here: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=219314

You can download Ice Math Ninja for FREE here:
    For iOS
    For Android
    For Kindle
    For Nook

---------------

Hi All,

Today Sunday Dec 2nd, I am launching my new game: Ice Math Ninja: ZERO!

To celebrate this event, the app will be available for FREE on Sunday and Monday and you will be able to participate in a Game Center contest for a chance to win one of five $15 iTunes Gift Cards.

Download from iTunes here!

[​IMG]

Please like http://www.facebook.com/icemathninja on Facebook and Tweet this link to your friends and family :)

DETAILS:

1- Each winner will receive a $15 iTunes Gift Card within one week of the contest end date.

2- There will be 1 prize for achieving the highest score in one of the 5 mini-games included in IMN: ZERO:
    - Sub-Zero Mines
    - Polar Pair
    - Cool 21
    - Antarctic Add
    - Ice Factor.

3- Player can start playing on easy, medium, or high level. It does not matter for this contest. Only final scores matter.

4- Only the high score of players registered to this contest are taken into account.

5- Only one price per player. If the same player achieves a high score in more than one game, the player will only receive a price only for its highest score overall.

6- Player must use Game Center and add "Pers Corp" or [email protected] as a friend.

7- You must post your Game Center username on this thread or email it to [email protected] with your TouchArcade ID.

8- Contest will start on Sunday December 2nd and will end on Sunday December 9th at 11:59pm EST (Peruvian time ;)
    Only scores obtained during those dates will count.

9 - Please give the app a fair rating in the iTunes Store :)

HINT:
    Unlock Power-Ups to achieve higher scores!

BETA TESTERS of IMN: ZERO: please make sure you are NOT PLAYING ON SANDBOX MODE (if you are in Sandbox mode, log out of game center, and log back in).

DISCLAIMER:
    This contest is being offered in good faith.
    Please understand that I can't be responsible if Apple's Game Center doesn't save a score for whatever reason, or if the game crashes for unknown reasons during gameplay.
    Please feel free to send me a private message with any questions/concerns.

2. khuanoz

khuanoz Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2012
    #2 khuanoz, Dec 2, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
    Glitchy

Can't play any of the games on my new iPod touch 5th Gen iOS6. Loads okay in full 4 inch screen and can get in game to selection. Screen freezes when tushka or the other character holds up the burning fireworks or something. Then the game exits. Tried each of the games and come up with the same results. Am a bit disappointed since I really look forward to entering this contest. Hopefully it will be fixed in time. Thanks

Edit: It works after i restarted my iPod =)

3. Jorge.

Jorge. Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Game Developer/Designer
    Miraflores, Lima, Perú
    #3 Jorge., Dec 2, 2012
    Hi Khuanoz,

Thank you for letting me know about this.
    This didn't come up during the testing phase :/ and I had users with iPod Touch 4th generation.

Could you please join my testflight group so I can send you a new build and try to find a fix? http://tflig.ht/OODise

Maybe I can fix it quickly and ask Apple for Expedited approval, so you can join the contest.

This could be a memory issue, so in the meantime could you quit all other apps, and restart the iPod. Perhaps it'll play then.

Thank you!

Jorge

4. What is the difference between the 3 versions on the app store?

5. dihpadilha

dihpadilha Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    my game center username is Dihpdilha

6. khuanoz

khuanoz Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2012
    #6 khuanoz, Dec 2, 2012
    Works!

I closed all background applications to no avail so restarted my unit as per your suggestion and voila it worked and boy i played for 1 hour non-stop..its that addicting..especially with the gentle learning curve. The psychological factor comes into play very strongly as what initially seems as a child's play of sorts gradually becomes more challenging with each level up. It's the 'I should be able to beat this' attitude that ultimately gives it the continuous replay value. You guys sure know your stuff..will enjoy myself and its a keeper on my device =)

ah almost forgot, my game center id is khuanoz and may i know if total score and the lightning scores are taken into account? thanks alot

7. mafiiee

mafiiee Active Member

Oct 29, 2010
    California
    hello :) my game center username is mafiiee ^^ gL hf :)

8. Jorge.

Jorge. Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Game Developer/Designer
    Miraflores, Lima, Perú
    khuanoz - Oh what a relief! Still I guess I have to improve the memory, so if you want to be a tester for the next version please join :)

m13 - The other 2 versions are older and they were my first games on the App store, so I was still learning how to launch an app and how to code in Corona.
    But I will be updating them in about 10 days to make them similar to IMN:ZERO

The differences are:
    - Instead of Sub-Zero Mines, they have Sub-Zero Bomb (instead of having exploding floating zeros, you get exploding zeros coming from the bottom)
    - The "Educational Edition" has no social features (for Parents that don't want Facebook, etc)
    - When I update those versions, they won't have the "Aqua-Zero" obstacle but instead the "Infra-Cube" obstacle.

I will also add a version that will have ads and will be always free.

PLEASE rate the game at iTunes, it can really help me out :)

And thanks for joining the contest :)

9. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    What's infra cube?

10. Jorge.

Jorge. Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Game Developer/Designer
    Miraflores, Lima, Perú
    It's just a different obstacle.
    The Aqua-Zero wets your sword and you can't use it for a few seconds.
    The Infra-Cube is an ice cube that will freeze your screen once if you slice it.

(if somebody has ideas for obstacles, let me know ;) )

11. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    What about a fireball that makes numbers drop even faster?

12. Jorge.

Jorge. Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Game Developer/Designer
    Miraflores, Lima, Perú
    Hmmm ...
    I think I could change the gravity to make things fall faster ... I'll give it a shot and see if I can make something like that work.

Thanks!

13. Jorge.

Jorge. Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Game Developer/Designer
    Miraflores, Lima, Perú
    khuanoz:
    I just wanted to say thank you for your comments and I am very glad you think the game will be a keeper on your device :) If you have any suggestions for future improvements just let me know!

Sorry I forgot to write that before, but I am running around, posting messages in forums, replying to emails and making sure I spread the word! And I need breakfast ;)

Jorge

14. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Maybe a rainbow number comes up and slash for either double or triple points?

15. Underwater

Underwater Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Atlantis
    Fun game, better than I expected. Sometimes it's a bit laggy, and it crashed a few times. It looks like I'm really bad at it, so I'm probably not going to win, but I'll keep practicing :)

16. Jorge.

Jorge. Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Game Developer/Designer
    Miraflores, Lima, Perú
    Thank you, Underwater :)
    Please let me know where do you find it laggy or crashed and what device/OS you are using, so I can improve it.
    If you can, please give it a fair rating in iTunes, since that helps my ranking :)

17. Jorge.

Jorge. Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Game Developer/Designer
    Miraflores, Lima, Perú
    Double, Triple points is a good idea. I'll use that as a powerup somewhere. Thanks!

18. rnarvin

rnarvin Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2012
    I'd love to participate in this great contest, but how do I find out what my TouchArcade ID is? My Game Center username is rnarvin, I sent a friend request.

19. Underwater

Underwater Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Atlantis
    iPod touch 4G, iOS 5.
    It's laggy when I slice of a lot of numbers at once, especially when I'm playing sub-zero mines.
    It crashes when I'm touching the highscore icon on the bottom-left and when I'm touching the star at the bottom-left at the begin screen ;)

20. cho777

cho777 Active Member

Oct 15, 2012
    My gamecenter name is codgod