Lost Echo - A modern Adventure Game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by KickBack, Jul 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KickBack

KickBack Member

Jul 25, 2013

What is Lost Echo

Lost Echo is a modern, story driven, point and click Adventure game for iOS. It is done in Unity3d and is under development for over two years. It combines elements from classic point and click adventure gaming, mini-games and visual novels. We believe that point and click is a genre that is very suited to touch devices. It is coming soon.

Story

In the near future Greg's girlfriend Chloe mysteriously disappears in front of him. He starts a desperate search for her. What happened? Why does no-one else remember her? Solve puzzles, explore fully 3d environments, interact with numerous characters and solve the mystery!

Our Site
    KickBack-studios

2. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    Wow the photo realism is very good in this game..I also like the music and the futuristic cyber-punk tone of the story..So my questions,will this be episodic like most adventure games on the platform??Is there an ETA already??

3. Dynos

Dynos New Member

Jul 9, 2013
    Hamburg, GER
    Great video, some lags in there but no worries. It provides a good first impression of what we can exspect.

Do you have already any details on the business model? An episodic one would be good to go, as you release the first episode for free! Think about it.

I'm looking forward to this project. Any release window known?

4. KickBack

KickBack Member

Jul 25, 2013
    Alister: Thanks! It's not going to be episodic. The game is larger than the average episode and since we had a development time of two years for this one, I can't see how episodic could work! There is room for a sequel and we would love to make more games in the same setting, but we don't have concrete plans right now. Release is... soon? (maybe late August?)

Dynos: I noticed the lag too. Weird thing is, it doesn't do it on the local files, so... youtube messed up? Or maybe something with the way I encoded the video that youtube doesn't like? I don't know. About episodic and pricing, see above! But yeah, episodic with first episode free is something we're looking into, but for a future project.

5. quangvietnguyen

quangvietnguyen Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    It's a kind of a puzzle game?really excited:)

6. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    Well I wish the game's going to be finished soon...It shows a lot of promise..

You got a day one purchase from me..

7. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Looking forward to this. Reminded me a little of the loneliness I felt when playing Indigo Prophecy! Man, I'd love that on my iPad too.

8. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    I love the mood and tone of this game, based on the trailer. Hoping things go well for a release soon; I can't wait. :)

9. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    awesome game...

10. Riotgirl

Riotgirl Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2012
    UK
    According to their twitter feed (all feeds available via their blog), release date is September 27th [Friday].

Bit of a stealth release!

11. KickBack

KickBack Member

Jul 25, 2013
    Hi again everyone!

Yes we are releasing on September 27. Was not meant to be a stealthy release... We are trying to get the word out, but we need to do better.

We were aiming for a late august release, but we ran into some problems and we kinda lost our momentum.

But everything is back on track now.

Thank you all for the interest in the game!

12. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Oh cool I almost forget about this game :D

13. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

I really like the art style, can't wait to see how the game turns out!

14. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Heres to hoping for no "Cat hair mustache" puzzles.
    Jus kidding.

It looks neat. What'll run it?

15. KickBack

KickBack Member

Jul 25, 2013
    It runs on 3GS and upwards and iPad 1 and upwards.

Actually, we are not 100% sure about iPad 1. We don't have one in handy. Last time we managed to check on one it was a long time ago. But since it runs on 3gs, it should run, right?

3GS is a bit stuttery on the larger scenes but definitely playable.

16. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

I guess if it runs on an iPod Touch 4 it should run on an iPad 1 (the only real differences between those two devices are the screen size & resolution and the processor speed)

17. Wow, that release video looks awesome! Love the surreal music and the graphics look amazing!

Kinda curious to see how the gameplay videos look like. Hope this is a great game!