Universal Zombie Tsunami - (by Mobigame)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, May 31, 2012.

1. thenightfly42

thenightfly42 Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Just picked this up on the free offer, my son and I are really enjoying it.

Nitpick: those aren't quarterbacks. Running backs would probably be more accurate, or perhaps linebackers.

Criticism: the mission "Skip this mission with the 'Skip Mission' item from the market" is a bit askew. I was assigned it early in the game, with about $4,000 as the purchase price. By the time I had raised that much, the cost had jumped to $8,000, and now that it is the only mission I have left at Level 16, it is all the way up to $16,000! Shouldn't the cost be targeted to the difficulty of the mission, not the current level?

Question: once I finish Level 16, what happens?

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    You get some sort of trophy (forgot what it was, but it's on one of the achievements page i think) and the missions rotate from the beginning

3. dadiduekappa

dadiduekappa Well-Known Member

Any news about iCloud integration?

4. MarkDF

MarkDF Well-Known Member

May 17, 2011
    What does the mission "Use the 5 starting booster in one game" mean? I've looked at all the objects available for sale in the market and none of them seem to apply to this mission. I don't want to skip it, but will if I can't figure out what I'm supposed to do.

Thanks.

5. Mobigame

Mobigame Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Mar 29, 2009
    The boosters are: Coin car, Coin bomb, Zombie x2, Civilian Pack, and Bonus+ 10s

6. MarkDF

MarkDF Well-Known Member

May 17, 2011
    Ah, so the mission is use all 5 starting boosters in one game! I wouldn't have gotten that from the original wording. Next update add a plural s to 'booster' in the mission description and I think that will help a lot of people.

Thanks.

7. Mobigame

Patreon Indie

Mar 29, 2009
    thanks, we added the full list of boosters to make it clear. the update is in review, we also added GC achievements and we fixed some bugs. It should be available for Thanksgiving hopefully.

8. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Excellent :D

9. thenightfly42

Sep 21, 2012
    Updates? I LOVE updates!

---

Question - I purchased the Coin Doubler, since I've obtained a lot of enjoyment out of the game. I then went to my second device, which is on the same AppleID but a different GameCenter ID, and loaded it there. I was then charged twice for the Coin Doubler, based on the receipt I just got from Apple. I thought that durable purchases such as the Coin Doubler were tied to the AppleID, and would work on all of my devices. Was I wrong?

10. Mobigame

Patreon Indie

Mar 29, 2009
    Hi!

The coin doubler is a consumable, it works only for one device. It may change if we decide to support iCloud in the future.

11. thenightfly42

Sep 21, 2012
    OK, good to know.

12. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    I received 10 GC-challenges within the last hour, is there any chance to disable this? It's so f*cking annoying !!

13. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Yup, this has become the replacement for ERR2 as the game that's spamming me even though I don't have it and certainly never will now.

14. tarasis

tarasis Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    I was enjoying this till it spammed all my Game Center friends. There is no excuse for the Challenge Friends button to spam everyone without confirmation. I had fully expected the button to let me choose a few people to challenge. I've now deleted the game due to this behaviour.

In terms of the in game challenges I hit a wall, I have to save up 12k to skip a level (no interest in that thank you), somehow eat 10 brains but have no more than 5 people (I've tried but not succeeded) and now I've deleted the game I don't remember the last one I think it was unlock the Egyptain background (again 9k/10k which i wasnt going to waste or luck withthe scratch card)

I wish the devs all the best, I hope they fix the buttons behaviour but I won't be installing this again.

15. Mobigame

Patreon Indie

Mar 29, 2009
    For the mission eat 10 brains without exceeding 5 zombies in the horde, it's quite easy; Eat 10 brains (the counter on the top left of the screen), without exceeding 5 zombies in the horde (the number in the top center). To do this you have to lose some zombies on the way of course (with bombs, cars, hole, etc.). What did you think it was? Many people don't understand this mission and we don't know why.

The challenge button is deactivated for now, we will add a list of friends to pick to avoid the behaviour you dislike. See in the market in the coin tab, today you can invite your Facebook friends with a friend picker, I guess you want something like this for the challenge button.

We are not really happy with the skip mission, but we need a tutorial to explain you that you can skip a mission. Obviously this is a required feature, and the high price is here to 1. discourage you to skip and to push you to play and improve your skills instead, and 2. if you really want to skip it may give us some revenues from what is a free game. It's why you see this mission. But it should be cheaper the first time and it should come only once. We will fix it in the next update.

All backgrounds can be won with the lottery ticket without paying anything. If you are not patient enough you can still pay a buck or two, especially if you like the game, which is free as you know. But if you play long enough you should be able to unlock everything for free before you earn the last reward (I don't want to spoil)

If there is something that you like and you want to share, or you want us to improve, or something new that you want to see in the game, let us know here

16. thenightfly42

Sep 21, 2012
    I don't like the "Skip This Mission" mission, especially since the cost to skip it keeps increasing as you complete other missions while trying to raise enough cash to buy the Skip. It would be better if the cost didn't keep increasing underneath you.

Additionally, in the Marketplace where you purchase the Skip Mission, it would be nice if the description of the Skip included the description of the mission that you are trying to skip. I feel nervous that I will accidentally skip Mission 2 instead of Mission 3, and it takes a long time to get that cash together.

17. Mobigame

Patreon Indie

Mar 29, 2009
    We totally agree and we'll do that in the next update

however, if you tap on the skip mission it unrolls the description (it requires 2 taps to really skip it, there is a confirmation button).

18. thenightfly42

Sep 21, 2012
    I don't think that it worked in the last update. The update said "Decrease the price of the mission 'skip mission' and make it unique". I still see missions increasing in skip price if you achieve other missions (I was having trouble getting to a horde of 20).

19. GabrielFW

GabrielFW New Member

Jan 2, 2013
    Reference

I believe there is actually a Doctor Who reference in this game one of the missions is wearing a fez in egypt and the actual Doctor actually uses a fez and one of the last episodes of last season he was in Egypt.
    Because why else would they get a mission involving fez in Egypt?

20. thenightfly42

Sep 21, 2012
    I finally completed the fifth trophy. I was anticipating something a bit more dramatic to fill up that huge empty rectangle, but that's OK.