Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-01-2014, 03:53 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Button View Post
Please do not buy PILE! We are about to release a HUGE update for this game. We literally spent half a year working on this update. In a nutshell, we kept the basic principle of PILE and redesigned everything with a lot of new features.

The game will be released on March 20 as an update. And it'll become free (with optional in-app purchases).

So please don't buy it now. We'll probably remove it from the store two weeks before the launch date to avoid useless purchases.

BTW, if you want to try it, we're going to deliver a few promo codes in order to receive some feedback, so just ask me
I'll probably create a thread about PILE in a few days.

Thanks for your interest in our little games This is much appreciated!
Here is a new magic link to unlock all the level packs in ON/OFF:

http://1button.co/redeem/TouchArcadeWO33T5AS
I'll definitely be looking forward to the new and improved PILE. But still, I'm curious what the core mechanic is.

Already bought the game unlock for ON/OFF but hey, indie devs like you deserve the support and attention. ON/OFF is so good, I like how you put a twist of the mechanic by introducing larger blocks and the black barrier blocks.
Old 03-01-2014, 04:18 PM

PILE's core mechanic:
Every turn, you are given 4 pairs of blocks. You have to play them all before the end of the timer. You can play them in any order. If you manage to align (vertically or horizontally) at least 3 blocks of the same color, they will disappear at the end of the turn.

The fundamental principle is the fact that you have to play 4 pairs of blocks. This is definitely the best idea of this game, because it allows you to think of strategies and to prepare combos. If you make a 4x combo (or more), the game area is cleared and you score a lot of points.

Here is the video we made for the v1 (mid 2012!):

Youtube link | Pop Up

Regarding ON/OFF: in the 3 last worlds we also added 'switches on black blocks', which gave us a lot of interesting ideas ^^. The 3 last worlds are probably the best ones, you should play them first!

Last edited by 1Button; 03-01-2014 at 04:33 PM..
Old 03-01-2014, 04:28 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Thank for making the levels in on off free, I unlocked seq with the last of my credit so this is a nice surprise and very generous, I also can't wait to try pile and thank you for giving everyone a heads up not to buy it yet, not many devs would do that.
Old 03-01-2014, 04:58 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

PILE sounds great, eagerly waiting for the update.

As for ON/OFF, took a bit for me to wrap my head around the two-colors blocks. I like that you didn't have some tutorial screen come up explaining what the new blocks do. Much more fun to figure it out through experimentation

One thing I don't like - and it's more of a personal thing than an issue with the game - is that I'll solve a puzzle and have no idea what I did. I think that the level completion screen appears too fast, would be better to be able to study the completed puzzle

Between the three games of yours I played, ON/OFF is definitely my favorite. I'm not sure what new mechanics you add to the later levels in SEQ, but ON/OFF seems much more complex and varied.

Are you working on any other games for 2014? Also are you on Twitter?
Old 03-01-2014, 05:03 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Button View Post
Please do not buy PILE! We are about to release a HUGE update for this game. We literally spent half a year working on this update. In a nutshell, we kept the basic principle of PILE and redesigned everything with a lot of new features.

The game will be released on March 20 as an update. And it'll become free (with optional in-app purchases).
That is classy man, super classy.

(Despite that sounding really sarcastic, I mean it. Telling people ahead of time not to waste their money)
Old 03-01-2014, 05:27 PM

Quote:
One thing I don't like - and it's more of a personal thing than an issue with the game - is that I'll solve a puzzle and have no idea what I did. I think that the level completion screen appears too fast, would be better to be able to study the completed puzzle
At the bottom left corner, there is a little eye. Touch it to reveal the puzzle you just solved. (It disappears as soon as you release your finger)

Quote:
Are you working on any other games for 2014? Also are you on Twitter?
Next one is PILE 2, then we'll release a small game like SEQ with a very minimalistic concept (only two colors!). And we are already working on the next titles that will come later this year… Currently we are 3 full-time engineers, but we used to be only 2 in 2013. This year will be a very productive one!

Our Twitter accounts: @1ButtonStudio, @thomascastel, @dr_cube.

Again, thanks everyone for your support, we really appreciate it!

Last edited by 1Button; 03-01-2014 at 05:49 PM..