Killer Edge Racing removed, thanks to Tim... Again!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by h1976, Nov 8, 2009.

1. h1976

h1976 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2008
    http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/cultofmac/bFow/~3/CAc48526U7c/20782

courtesy of every developers' favourite moron Mr Tim Langdell.
    This douche even goes as far as registering the name for himself now.:eek:

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I haven't seen it anywhere but cultofmac website, please TA put the news in the front page and everyone spread the word again.

And how's the progress of EAs lawsuit? I'll personally buy every EA game in the AppStore to support them. Ok that's lame, I bought every EA game already coz they're good, lawsuit or not heh ;)

but somebody need to stop this "edge" name squatter, absolutely ridiculous.

2. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    h1976, thanks for bringing this to my attention. The whole "Edge" controversy really hasn't intermingled with my irritation centers until reading this thread. I own/ed Killer Edge and so now I am affected by this dude as well. I'm gonna have to dig up some of that old material to get my bearings about Tim, then I'll put out as much informed representation of him to those I know and do my part to help combat his idiocy. Does the guy think he invented the word edge...

3. DGH94

DGH94 Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    Next to the Maiden
    Killer Edge Racing... Never heard of it... :p
    Any good?
    Tim has to really stop this BS before someone squishes him in court... :D

4. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Ridiculous - let him try to go after Ford for their model the Ford Edge or Gamestop for their Edge card. Simply astonishing...

5. DGH94

DGH94 Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    Next to the Maiden
    I would love to see him go after th eFord Edge... :D:p:rolleyes:

6. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Good points, I think AT&T should also toss HIM around for messin' with their Edge Network:)

7. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    too pussy to go up against them. son of a bitch

8. Bramsey89

Bramsey89 Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2009
    If this guy is so misguided, then why does apple keep listening to his requests to take down apps?

9. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    What a epic fail -_-, Tim strikes again

10. 'Jeep

'Jeep Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    U.K.
    After what happened to edge (is that one still available? If yes I can't see why they removed this one) you would have thought Apple knows the score by now. Apple is playing TLs game. Very disappointing. Will by some EA game to finance the lawsuit against the squatter.

11. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Apple just do what they're told since it's not really their argument, it's between the game devs and Tim Langdell. It does make them look a bit like they're just running away, but they probably have better things to do.

12. nodoctors

nodoctors Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    believe me, none of you have to buy EA's games in order to support any of their lawsuits. ever. they're a billion dollar monster company. honestly, they're not really a company that should be supported regardless given their shady tactics of buying out entire franchises, limiting gamer's options in the process, and are the kings of the annual rehash...but whatever different topic

13. h1976

h1976 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Yeah well hope they can put that billion dollar to work for this good cause. Coz so far Tim seems to carry on his deeds with impunity. Is he still sitting on that game developer association crap or whatever? Last I heard they try to vote him off but I don't think that's successful.

Its good this moron keep suing more people so he gets more people pissed off so we can get even more people complaining.

14. nodoctors

Jul 24, 2009
    don't get me wrong though, this douche deserves to get absolutely destroyed by a company like EA

15. Nascor

Nascor Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Will he remove "Mirrors Edge", too? :rolleyes:

16. nodoctors

Jul 24, 2009
    haha seriously. that's a great game while you mention it. so what exactly did this guy get out of the mobigames Edge debacle? did he get any money out of it? and wtf kind of lawsuit does he have against EA?

17. Harpgliss

Harpgliss Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Here No More
    Hi,

I am not familiar with this whole situation, does anyone have a link or links that are a little more objective.

All I got out of the link in the first post is the author needs to calm down a little bit if he wants to get his point across.

David

18. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    lol TL is such a douche its amazing :rolleyes: why wont he just give up

19. h1976

h1976 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2008
    You know, actually he tried.

In fact he put up a "game" which he claimed he made named "Mirrors".
    You can read all about Tim Langdell douchebaggery in wikipedia.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Langdell

Oh yeah NONE of his so called "games" has been released to the public.
    Even though he will claim otherwise and he can probably prove to some idiotic judge that he "sold" some of his games... probably a developer copy he gave out to his fellow patent troll club chums so that he can claim he already "made and sold" those games.

Did note a great progress in wiki though, in August he resigned from the IGDA board... wow its amazing how he can be a board member of IGDA in the first place... but thanks to the furor caused by his "edge" claim to the appstore game fellow members called for a vote to kick him off the board, pity before the boot landed on his ass he decided to "resign".

Please post more of his stupid ass Edge claims, coz there wont be a game containing the word EDGE until this douchebag is relieved of his dumb ass "patent" for edge. :mad:

20. nodoctors

Jul 24, 2009
    there's something blatantly wrong with the patent system when this kind of shit happens

LOL I OWN A WORD IN THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE