App description: *** Offseason Special Price, Save 60% ***

Guide your favorite baseball team to glory! Out of the Park Baseball, the most realistic and best-selling baseball management game ever created, is available for iOS as a brand new 2013 version.

"With a great menu system driving the entire game, excellent AI, and the ability to micro-manage almost everything you could dream of in a sports game, it's hard to want anything else of a mobile baseball management sim." (Touch Arcade)
"Baseball freaks who want that heavily stat-based front office experience will find a rich and detailed sim." (GamerPops)
"The only baseball sim I've ever gotten addicted to." (Curt Schilling)

PLEASE NOTE: The iPhone 3G / iPod Touch 2nd gen or older are NOT supported!

New features in iOOTP Baseball this year:
- Real 2013 rosters! Every player on every major league team is available, along with the top 20 minor league prospects for each team. Major league player ratings are based on PECOTA by Baseball Prospectus, the best player projection system today.
- Unlock exciting achievements
- Redesigned interface
- Improved play-by-play commentary and news stories
- Brand new Trading AI
- Recoded & much more realistic player creation
- New player development system
- Improved roster & contract negotiation AI
- Historical career play with real rookie import each season (requires successive years via in-App purchase)
- Universal build, the iPad HD version is included for free!
- Plenty of small tweaks & improvements

iOOTP Baseball 2013 features a living world that uses the same robust simulation engine found in Out of the Park Baseball for Mac and PC, the best-selling and best-rated baseball management game of all time. Out of the Park Baseball is the second-highest-rated PC game ever on Metacritic and also received the PC Gamer Sports Game of the Year Award.

The game offers three gameplay modes:

- Major Leagues: Choose a team and play out the 2013 season. Will Strasburg dominate the NL? How will Hamilton perform in LA? Find out!

- Fictional: iOOTP creates one of four fictional baseball worlds and populates it with fresh players and clubs. Select a team and build a dynasty from scratch.

- Historical Replay: Choose one of three past seasons -- 1901, 1902, or 2009 -- and see if it produces a different outcome. Every other year in history is available as in-app purchase!

After selecting a gameplay mode, choose a team and handle every aspect of managing it:

- Manage your team, set lineups, depth charts, pitching staff and more!

- Call the shots from the dugout and watch the games unfold.

- Step into the shoes of the General Manager: Negotiate contracts, sign free agents, put together trades, draft amateurs, promote players from the minors etc.

During games, the play-by-play text is generated from a huge database of tens of thousands of lines that bring the action alive. Bottom of the ninth, two outs, bases loaded, you're down by two runs and you have your best hitter stepping to the plate against your opponent's rock-solid closer ... What will happen next?

During the season, news tickers bring you headlines from around the leagues! Your biggest rival just pulled off a blockbuster trade with the trading deadline looming ... How will you respond?

As iOOTP's living world evolves, players develop their careers, age, and eventually retire, with a possible spot in the Hall of Fame waiting for them. New players drafted by you and groomed in the minors take their place and become the next generation of superstars.

iOOTP Baseball is the ultimate game for baseball fans!

Visit us on www.ootpdevelopments.com!
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ootpbaseball
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ootpbaseball
04-05-2013, 03:27 PM
Can someone explain how the Iap works in this one? It seems to have quite a lot..
04-05-2013, 06:14 PM
Thank you for the continual releases! I've been playing OOTP since v6 on PC and haven't missed an interation. The fact that I can play this at all times is both alarming and amazing.

04-05-2013, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsAUsername View Post
Can someone explain how the Iap works in this one? It seems to have quite a lot..
IAP consists of historic seasons. So you can start in whatever year and it will have those rosters. They only have certain ones. Basically so you can do a babe ruth era sort of thing.
04-05-2013, 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turakm View Post
IAP consists of historic seasons. So you can start in whatever year and it will have those rosters. They only have certain ones. Basically so you can do a babe ruth era sort of thing.
But they are not necessary, correct? On the fence about whether to get this.
04-05-2013, 08:03 PM
Quote:
not at all necessary..with 4.99 purchase price you get the year 2013 rosters and can simulate hundreds of years beyond that. My personal best is the year 2150

ssɐ sıɥ dn ɯǝɥʇ ǝʌoɥs puɐ sƃuıɹ dıɥsuoıdɯɐɥɔ sǝıɹǝs plɹoʍ ㄥᄅ sǝǝʞuɐʎ ǝɥʇ ǝʞɐʇ uɐɔ ıpɹɐɹıƃ ǝoɾ
04-05-2013, 10:08 PM
Quote:
yeah you don't need them at all! I don't ever get them.
and what is really cool, if you do a fictional league, you can start it in like 1879 and all the money is time relative. So a player contract can be like 3 years - $200
the game and money will progress with time!
04-05-2013, 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
This game would probably be my favourite if it was an american football management game (iOS badly needs one of those), for baseball fans it looks amazing. Wish they (or someone !) would do an NFL version. Would love that !

Theres plenty of football management games out there, this seems to be the first baseball one, must be a big potential market for an american footy version
I agree. I wish I knew a programmer because I would invest in a nfl management game!
04-08-2013, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkoverlord6 View Post
It started crashing after I completed my first season and started the second, it happens whenever I press the "finish the week" button, generally it crashed right out the program back to the IOS interface. Once in a while it still works to press the "finish today" button but it soon starts crashing on that as well.

Interestingly the way I have found to work around it so far is to start "playing" a game and then choosing "quick play" and "game" and then exiting back to the main menu. If I play a game without simulating it things seems to work o.k. though I have not tested that very thoroughly. It mostly seems tied to trying to move quickly through my second season that causes the crash. I never had this problem in version 2012 and I simulated hundreds of seasons on that one.
Strange, we have a few tester with iPod 5's but no crash reports so far. I still wait for feedback from one person. By any chance, is your device jailbroken? We had 1-2 tester who had trouble with jailbroken devices only.

Sebastian
OOTP Developments
04-15-2013, 01:06 PM
Finally had the chance to play this over the weekend, and I am having a (clueless) blast! My Cubs seem appropriately erratic.

Plus+ ID: Theamazingdave . My CG and Twitter handle is Daveismyhero.
09-21-2013, 12:37 PM
Downloading...

Download size: 42MB
Installed size: 74.4MB