Ossian Studios - The Shadow Sun Announced

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by simulated, Sep 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. simulated

simulated Active Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Hadn't seen this mentioned here yet:

http://www.geardiary.com/2010/08/31/neverwinter-module-developer-ossian-studios-bringing-western-rpg-to-iphone/

2. xBLAGDARFx

xBLAGDARFx Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2010
    no screenies?

3. RoadRunner123

RoadRunner123 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2010
    Will this work for 2nd gen ipod touch?

4. Crazy_Possum

Crazy_Possum Well-Known Member

From the Ossian Studios website, it is coming in "late 2010." I wish we would get more of a description than just an advertisement though, as this sounds pretty cool.

5. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    #5 iVaro, Sep 1, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
    If they look good, it will be between this Aralon and Project Sword the rest of this year is looking pretty sweet

6. BadYeti

BadYeti Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
    #6 BadYeti, Sep 1, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
    This is definitely a title I'm quite excited about.

The head of Ossian Studios is Alan Miranda, the producer of Baldur's Gate 2: Throne of Bhaal and Associate Producer of Neverwinter Nights.

Those are some pretty serious credentials.

7. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Ossian Studios - The Shadow Sun Announced

I did a search, and, surprisingly, I didn't find anything posted up about this game yet. This is all I've been able to dig up on it myself, but I figured that it definitely deserved its own thread from the sound of it. :)

August 31st, 2010, 23:26

Ossian Studios has announced their new project - an iPhone/iPad game titled The Shadow Sun. Here's the announcement at their site:
    After working with Dungeons & Dragons and The Witcher over the past few years, Ossian Studios has turned its RPG talents to creating a new fantasy game and world of its own design. We are pleased to announce The Shadow Sun™: a dark heroic fantasy that brings together the high adventure of classic D&D, combat inspired by Fable, Zelda, and The Witcher, and the fear of otherworldly horrors of H.P. Lovecraft.

This is a world in which magic is wielded by only a few, where a cataclysm a millennium ago still fuels hostilities between the civilizations that remain, and where much of the lands beyond the fringes of human settlement remain a deadly unknown. It is also a world that has felt an alien touch upon its sun, shrouding it in ever-increasing shadow with consequences that are only now becoming horrifically apparent.

The Shadow Sun brings a full 3D, true Western-style RPG to the iPhone and iPod touch. Combining the excitement of dynamic, visceral combat with a gripping story, it will redefine role-playing on the platform. Stunning, finely detailed graphics and a captivating musical score couple to create an immersive experience to rival the best PC and console RPG titles.

Features:
    Enter a story full of complex characters, intrigue, danger, and shocking surprises.
    Explore the decadent imperial city of Shar and the exotic desert lands around it.
    Battle enemies using magical powers and dozens of weapons.
    Play as male or female with a character system that allows you to evolve your character’s abilities exactly how you want.
    Ally with one of several companions to adventure with and fight alongside.
    Make your role-playing choices wisely through dialogue or action, and become either a hero or a villain.
    More information.
    —*
    -= RPGWatch =-
    www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11282

8. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Somebody else started thread on this a couple of weeks ago, but there was a so little information (and the developer never joined the discussion) so it quickly went quiet. Sounds very exciting.

9. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Merged both threads.

10. Alienmario

Alienmario Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    gaming! lol
    idk udk
  11. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    Hmm...well I did perform a search at least. :) As for this game, I'm really hoping to find out some more information on it. Because with this, Aralon, and Project Sword all looming in the future, iDevice RPG gaming will never be the same!! :-D

12. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    Yeah, I definitely agree!!

13. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    To be fair, you saw very similar comments (though not quite as vitriolic) when the most recent Valkyrie and Kingdom Hearts games were announced as PSP exclusives.

14. EpicAtheist

EpicAtheist Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Judging by the screenies, I think it won't. :(

15. Tarroc

Tarroc Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Damn, another game I'll have to wait for! Can't they announce and submit right away ;)

16. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    There was a time, believe it or not, when this happened frequently, and it was awesome. Games wouldn't even be announced often times until after they had been submitted.

17. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Looks great. I'm also glad that it's a western RPG because I hate Asian style RPGs.

18. araczynski

araczynski Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    programmer
    omaha, ne
    have high hopes, as long as its not an iphone only title (i.e. don't forget the ipad, where this would shine) and the game last for more than 7 hours.

19. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Well, this sounds great! And for once, it will be well-written too. I really wanted to play Ossian's NwN2 add-on, but various publisher shenangians prevented me...