iPad Hipster CEO

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Nov 4, 2013.

1. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    :p I never claimed to be good with words and if you must know I failed English terribly. I just write what comes to my mind then press post, ain't no body got time for rereading a post :D

2. AKLT

AKLT Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    #22 AKLT, Nov 7, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
    Well, firstly, 2.99 is a dollar overpriced imo.
    Hopefully there will be bountiful amounts of updates to enrich the replay value.

Took me a couple of tries to finally get my company running smoothly, instead of into the ground.

Set yourself to tech and research all 3 types to get 30% or more on each tier.

Once you have 10 features, move to marketing, hire ONE marketing person or do it yourself, advertise campaign (make sure its not $2, go big enough to get like 10k potential customers guage). Once the campaign has kicked off and you have a fan base.
    Hire a marketing person(if you did the advertising yourself) to continue running the same campaign.

Switch yourself to sales, majority of the sales part should be done by you at the beginning since you have 30 points in all stats and it will help alot at selling.

From then on let loose your app and your company should have decent income and profits to boot.

Pro Tip: Advertising is king.

3. AKLT

AKLT Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Snap! Was up to 2.1billion in cash and still going strong,

1million in average daily earning, 300k expenses.

then BAM! "Youve run out cash!" start again, whuuuut?

4. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Same thing happened to me the other day, I contacted the dev and he said he's already submitted a update to apple to fix this as it's a known problem.

5. ger

ger Member

Jun 30, 2013
    Hehro.

Greetings people!

I'm Ger - the guy behind Hipster CEO.

Thanks for the useful feedback - the game definitely needs a little tweaking but rest assured I'm on it.

Anybody with questions on the game or who'd like the odd cheeky tip then just shout out.

Gracias amigos!

6. theryanlilo

theryanlilo Member

Sep 23, 2013
    Okay, first off great game. Unfortunately, I'm putting it on hold. I'm so sick of making my entire company happy on an individual basis. I have 40 employees. It's painstakingly awful to go employee by employee making them happy. I wish there was a company wide procedure to streamline this.

7. Steve10

Steve10 Active Member

Dec 2, 2010
    I know the game isn't intended to mollycolly anyone, but I seem to struggle to increase my sales in basically every company I form (although I did mildly well with one and made a small amount of money from the acquisition although I was overpaying some staff so it was still losing money), anyone got any tips on how to sustain growth in revenue?

I really like the game though, I just seem to not be very good at it. :)

8. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Basically you want yourself to be doing sales and you want someone to be on advertising constantly after you release your product.
    It's best to spend a lot on advertising well as much as you can afford sort of 1k+ is what I do maybe a little less early on.
    Then you should be making money, always have advertising and sales at the same time, you probably need to start your advertising before releasing your product too as if you do the weekly advertising then it first goes through a bar for the prep then the second bar is for the actual advert process.

9. Steve10

Steve10 Active Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Thanks, once you're doing ok on sales how would you consider the best way to expand? Like in what order should you hire people and what aspect should be the focus?

10. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I normally start by putting one person on each of the features,bugs etc programming part, then one on internet promotion and the rest I'll go keep putting people into advertising for about 5-10k and one person on finding new niche's and when I find a new one I'll get a new sales person and put them onto that niche,
    Then I just keep repeating,

11. Love!

Love! Active Member

Jul 27, 2013
    I've reached level 14. So I tried moving my office to the last place available. The app crashed. I reopened it, and tried it again, it crashed. Reopened it, tried checking mails, crashed. Then I realized my average daily revenue was decresing each day, and my 99,999$ Advertising tv campaign was stagnated. I tried re-assigning the workers to the same jobs, but after leaving and coming back to their pages, the % had been reseted to the stagnated point... lol, I adored this app/game (still don't know what it is xD), but I just can't play it anymore, for it crashes all the time, after I tried moving my office. I can't even sell the company to start over, since it crashes. :( I'm thinking about deleting the app and starting all over again :( but I'm afraid it will crash when I reach this level again.. :/
    I'm on ios 7.1, iPhone5...
    I sent an email to the dev, but he hasn't replied it yet, and I don't think he will lol, It's been a week or so.. Hopefully, there might be an update to fix this..

Is(?lol) anyone else having this problem?

12. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I'm not sure about your problem as I haven't played it in a while but the dev is a nice guy (think he does this on his own) I've emailed him a few times and he's always replied, I'm sure if there's crashing issues he'll fix it as he was always trying to improve it and it's had a few updates already.

13. Love!

Love! Active Member

Jul 27, 2013
    #33 Love!, Mar 31, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2016

:) thank you.

But I am done playing it.
    Spent 5 hours yesterday reaching level 15, and I had almost a billion in profit. So the game went crazy again :(. My sales were doing great, but the avg. daily revenue started going down, even with my sales going up, and my fan base got stuck in 2 billion people. And even with the avg daily revenue going down, it was increasing the money in the bank.. Weird. Then I noticed that the aquisition offer had gotten stuck as well. 2.187.647.843 billions or so.. So I thought that starting over could fix all of this. But when I sold the company, the game crashed. I reopened it and the game did started over, but the money wasn't there -.-. Then everything was 0, the "days to live" wasn't showing any number.
    Tried playing this way, but I got out of money.

And the dev seems nice. He replied my email when this game got out, saying that it wouldn't support ios 6 devices :).

14. Zaraf

Zaraf Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Why do they keep changing the price on this?

15. Love!

Love! Active Member

Jul 27, 2013
    I think it's back to its original price..
    There must have been a sale or something before.

16. Love!

Love! Active Member

Jul 27, 2013
    Great :) the dev replied my email ha.
    Here's some of what he wrote:
    "It sounds as though you’ve hit the dreaded validation bug which causes the game to crash :( Are the days passing in your current game or is it always on the one day?

Totally agree that you should be able to buy back equity in your company and I’m also looking at developing more player-to-player interactions so stay tuned :)"

17. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    How can I still be profitable and hire someone? It seems like once I hire someone I'm in the red and even with advertising and market research my daily revenue rate stays the same. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

18. Love!

Love! Active Member

Jul 27, 2013
    Here's what I do to "survive":
    I first start off not hiring anyone lol.
    Then I work on Tech to develop the product. Once everything is at least in 30% or so, I start working at social media. I fill the bar twice, and so I move to advertising. Fill that up twice, and if I see the fan base/last 7 days traffic increasing, I put the "game speed" to 300, hire at least one salesperson (one of the cheapest ones ha) and launch my product while still working at advertising putting 5$ into it or 10 I can't remember exactly..
    To speed things up I put the game speed back to 2 seconds, and take a look at my daily revenue, if it is increasing, and if it is.. Well, problem solved then.

When it feels like you're stable, you should be able to hire without a problem.

It's been a while since I played it, but I think this "method" will work out for you.
    Hope it helped somehow.

19. slammajamma28

slammajamma28 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Software Developer
    'Murrica
    Why isn't my product being sold? I developed to about 33% each. Did a few bars of social media and advertising. But no sales are being made by me

20. RS.

RS. New Member

Aug 20, 2014
    No sells

:confused: I also don't get a single sale (although i do marketing and sales)

What am I doing wrong ? :(