Potentially cheeky android question - forum recommendations?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by antireality, Feb 21, 2013.

1. antireality

antireality Member

Mar 11, 2011
    graphics driver monkey
    Kingston Upon Thames, UK
    Hi folks,

I'm working on a couple of game ideas and I've got a layer of base code underneath everything that works in iOS, windows, OSX and Android. It works like a dream on iOS but I've got a couple of Android-based annoyances to iron out to get things working properly.

I've a feeling I'm not the first, and won't be the last person to run into these little gotchas so does anyone know of a toucharcade-like forum for Android folks that I could go trawl through and then ask if I'm still stumped?

It's either that or brave being called an idiot and/or watching everyone else argue amongst themselves on stackoverflow and I'd rather just get a simple answer.

Failing that - if anyone has any tips about what happens to GLES contexts on Android when the home or back button is pressed and where I should be handling it and it's not considered too off-topic I'm all ears :)

2. dakeese

dakeese Member

Feb 28, 2013
    Check out the forums for LibGDX. Very helpful folks, and they won't care if you aren't using the LibGDX engine. I'm sure the developers of LibGDX have run across all the questions you have.