Support our Sponsors:

Old 07-25-2013, 02:42 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

thanks papa if you feel like it, see if the same applies when you play other than solo...that's where it seemed to be off for me, in a regular me vs. 1 AI, no extensions used. you're probably right though...

lordgek - is that the only extension selectable when you play solo? also, once you establish your own solo score can that default one be deleted?

Last edited by Mack the Knife; 07-25-2013 at 02:47 PM..
Old 07-25-2013, 05:16 PM
iPad (3rd Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack the Knife View Post
thanks papa if you feel like it, see if the same applies when you play other than solo...that's where it seemed to be off for me, in a regular me vs. 1 AI, no extensions used. you're probably right though...

lordgek - is that the only extension selectable when you play solo? also, once you establish your own solo score can that default one be deleted?
Just played a game with the setup as you suggested and the scoring seems OK.
I did notice that the update included "little bug correction on scoring" so there must have been an issue, but it looks as if it's now fixed.

Still really enjoying this one - both vs AI and solo. Great stuff!
Old 07-25-2013, 05:33 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
I did notice that the update included "little bug correction on scoring"
then maybe it wasn't me after all. i missed that in the update, all i saw was Add Extensions to In App purchase!! yep, i too like this game. in all its simplicity this game is really fun and a challenge to play. the AI usually wins but i keep playing! anyway, the app has been getting beat up a little on iTunes so it would help if those here who like it could go give it a good rating so the Dev continues support.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:35 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Send a message via AIM to amn624 Send a message via Skype™ to amn624

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
1) I think these are GC Achievements, but even when looking at them directly in GC it isn't super clear how you earn them. I can only assume by hitting certain scores or ending a game with a certain set of buildings standing.

2-3) Solo mode is started by setting up a game with no opponents. Your mission is to simply hit a target score by the end of the game. While the lack of opponents means no bidding wars (just pay the purchase price and the lot is yours), you still need to hit that target goal in 8 rounds (like that first target of 24 means ending the game with at least 8 citizens and an equal amount or more of vps). If you manage to clear the target goal in the first round you'll proceed with your same city (which now will also generate a bonus resource of your choice) onto a tougher round 2 (higher end goal and other subtle tweaks). This continues until you fail a round at which point you'll get a final score based on your current score plus all of your previously cleared rounds (so that default score of Stef failed to clear the second round).

If you purchase the extensions you can spice things up with the Hellas extension. This adds a couple more turns with some huge vp buildings BUT means needing to have enough food on hand to feed your people an additional time. The other extensions can't be used in the solo mode (probably would disrupt the previously setup balance making it, for example, much easier to hit the target scores at the end of each round).
Thanks, Tim. Much appreciated. But progress seems not to be saved, which means I have to complete the campaign in one sitting. If so, that's crazy.