Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-26-2014, 10:05 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Default Zeke and Pandora: The Stolen King (by Andrew Losq)

Quote:
NZ Release info:

The Game is out in New Zealand. Size of the app is 63.1 MB.

Price in NZ is $6.49 which should translate to USD $4.99.

Requirements:

Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Fully-animated fantasy adventure role playing game.
Make anyone your hero!

A modern take on classic RPG game play. Explore a vast, original fantasy world and slay vicious monsters with magic and weapon attacks in turn-based combat. Fully-animated characters, freakish monsters, and huge bosses populate a quirky, hand-drawn world. Join our heroes Zeke and Pandora as they set out on a dangerous adventure to discover the truth behind their king’s murder.

Welcome to the world of Zeke and Pandora! A truly unique indie game awaits you!

It is a time of great upheaval in the Northern Lands. The king has been murdered and the queen has stepped into the highest seat of power, presiding over an empire on the brink of civil war. General Euphrates has mobilized the Queen’s Royal Army in an attempt to squash the uprisings and reclaim land from farmers and villagers throughout the kingdom. In this time of civil unrest, many citizens of the Northern Lands are simply trying to survive. Others are fighting for positions of power or seeking riches. Still others are searching for the truth…

-Fight through a charming land full of quirky heroes and enemies, monsters and magic.

-Explore a vast, original fantasy world and fight vicious monsters in fully-animated turn-based combat.

-Follow the immersive story as friendships are made, loyalties are tested, and betrayals are revealed.

-Over 25 LEVELS OF GAME PLAY including game play dialogue and animated cutscenes.

-MAKE ANYONE YOUR HERO! Build and customize your party members with 9 jobs, over 70 skills, 12 magic books, more than 60 unique weapons, and over 75 potent attribute-enhancing items.

-Train and master 9 unique JOBS from the spell-slinging Sage to the shape-shifting Animalgus.

-Accumulate charge points during combat and use the Skill Combo System to mix and match powerful ATTACK SKILLS and unleash massive damage on your foes.

-Blast monsters with over 30 MAGICAL ATTACKS. Gather the 12 BOOKS OF MAGIC and use them to unlock more and more powerful spells.

-Arm yourself! Collect and upgrade your WEAPONS at the blacksmith to customize your warriors to fit with your play style.

-Journey across a perilous land with over 75 freakish MONSTERS and more than 30 punishing BOSSES.

-Lots of unique animations for your heroes and the enemies they encounter.

-Unlock the mysteries of the Northern Lands! OPTIONAL LEVELS, challenging DUNGEONS, secret TREASURE, and dozens of hidden QUESTS await the most dedicated of heroes.

-No in-App purchases! All game content is included in game price.

iPhone Screenshots:

Old 06-26-2014, 10:31 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Woh.. this looks good.
Old 06-26-2014, 10:56 AM

Looks interesting
Old 06-26-2014, 12:37 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

just to help others decided, heres the trailer.

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

im not quite sure i like the art style, but from the trailer, it looks quite good. ah i think I'm just too excited for the upcoming the banner saga
Old 06-26-2014, 01:26 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

aaaaawww yuuussss!!! an animal RPG game!! I'm truely glad it's coming out tomorrow
Old 06-26-2014, 01:26 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

^woh fantastic flash-style graphics, and a full jobs -based jrpg with zero IAPs? Cant say no to that. Only thing i cant see in the video is of course the plot and how the story unfolds. This looks great at most angles.
Old 06-27-2014, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
^woh fantastic flash-style graphics, and a full jobs -based jrpg with zero IAPs? Cant say no to that. Only thing i cant see in the video is of course the plot and how the story unfolds. This looks great at most angles.
Agreed. Picking it up now -- hope to post comments later today.
Old 06-28-2014, 02:27 PM
iPad mini

I'm really eager to hear even basic impressions if anyone has played this yet. The one review in the AppStore is pretty bad.
Old 06-29-2014, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce View Post
I'm really eager to hear even basic impressions if anyone has played this yet. The one review in the AppStore is pretty bad.
I wish I could say that I love the game -- unfortunately, I can't. It's too bad, because the game has a lot going for it in the story department. The characters are memorable, the plot is not cliche-ridden, and the dialog is sharp. The turn-based combat system is familiar but with enough tweaks to take it out of carbon-copy territory. Visually, the game has some flair, though it still looks very much like an early Flash animation.

There are, however, some serious design flaws that, for me at least, really detract from the experience. The job/leveling system is needlessly obtuse: it's really hard to understand what you are working toward as you choose where to allocate your skill points. There is a charge mechanic that in theory should add some tactical variety to the game but in reality just slows things to crawl (imagine if every character in FF4 operated like a lancer). Movement controls are poorly implemented and awkward. Worst of all, there's no way to use your skills or spells outside of combat, so you can't heal between encounters -- that's kind of a deal-breaker for me.

You may want to give the game a try anyway -- as I said, there quite a bit to like. But for me, the problems outweigh the enjoyment.