Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 07-07-2014, 10:47 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Default iPad Air charge cable

Hi,

My cat chewed my original iPad Air charge cable (luckily I bought a spare a few months ago) but as money is incredibly tight right now I bought a cable from play.com (yes, it said iPad Air compatible)

Anyway it arrived and didn't work so I sent it back, two weeks later and still no new cable or money back, so my question:-

Where is the cheapest place I can buy a cable that is guaranteed to charge my iPad Air? (Normally I'd buy an apple one but cash is very very tight atm so I have to go with the cheapest option)

Thanks
Old 07-07-2014, 12:08 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

The cheapest I've seen that are MFI certified are probably monoprice, looking at a couple reviews they seem fine and at 12 bucks its probably the cheapest you'll find a reliable one.

Heres a link if you're interested

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=112&cp_id=11213&cs_id=1083101&p_id=10 374&seq=1&format=2
Old 07-07-2014, 12:35 PM
TouchArcade Janitor
iPhone (Original), iOS 1.x

If you've got Amazon Prime, these may be cheaper than Monoprice depending on what shipping option you choose- http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-A...dp/B009SYZ8OC/

I actually prefer the black ones Amazon sells as it doesn't scream "HEY I'VE GOT AN IPHONE HERE!" if you use one for a car charger cord or whatever.
Old 07-07-2014, 01:18 PM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

If it ain't MFI certified it won't work on A7 chip devices. I tried a 3rd party cable in a iPhone 5 and it worked, the same cable didn't work for the iPhone 5s. The cable wasn't certified.
Old 07-07-2014, 01:30 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

The cheap ones like at Walgreens may work for a week but then will stop. I learned that the hard way, you're throwing money away with the cheap cables. I buy the ones from Rocketfish at Best Buy. They are much more durable than Apple's cables and there are no compatability issues.
Old 07-07-2014, 01:51 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Gotta second Rocketfish cables, they are quite durable, also I think it's not expensive.
Old 07-07-2014, 04:50 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli View Post
If you've got Amazon Prime, these may be cheaper than Monoprice depending on what shipping option you choose- http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-A...dp/B009SYZ8OC/

I actually prefer the black ones Amazon sells as it doesn't scream "HEY I'VE GOT AN IPHONE HERE!" if you use one for a car charger cord or whatever.
I agree with Eli, the Amazon ones are great. I did have to buy a new one recently but it lasted about a year. These cords always break at the end after a while. Someone needs to invent a more durable cord. Apples are the worst, only last a few months for me.
Old 07-07-2014, 07:16 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Thanks everyone.