Mass "What Should I Get?" Thread (2012 - 2017)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Zincous, Dec 25, 2011.

?

What device to get?

Poll closed May 30, 2013.
  1. iPod Touch

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. iPad

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  3. iPad Mini

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  1. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    Can anyone tell me whether or not Earthworm Jim and Rayman 2 are worth getting? Are they enjoyable to play? Thanks!

Also for me I think I'll be picking up Little Acorns, maybe Robot Gladi8or, and possibly BSB (already got LoE 2)

2. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    Any other good games besides LoE2, that came out this week.

3. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Check out the latest frontpage article.

4. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    #984 Jdragoon19, Feb 16, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
    Are you seriously that isolated? I suggest checking the "Game Releases 2012 - Games to Come Each Week" thread or the "iPhone and iPod Touch Games" section...

5. speedy 1007

speedy 1007 Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2011
    #985 speedy 1007, Feb 16, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
    Not meaning to spam or anything but does anyone want a mos speedrun code? have the game so it would be a shame for it to go to waste pm me with offers if you want it

6. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Well tbh, I don't see any that good games either. I looked at TA forums, TA front page and the release thread and only things I got from this week(got some past week games) were LoE 2 and about to purchase BlockHopper.

7. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Beat Sneak Bandit is one of three games that have gotten 5 stars from TA in 2012. I'm going to chance it by saying that it's a good game..

8. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    No offense to TA (or any review website), but 5 stars doesn't mean everybody will find it to be a good game. I don't think Beat Sneak Bandit looks interesting at all, not my type of game. Does that make me wrong?

9. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    I think a true friend is someone that gives you $10,000 a month. Does that make me wrong? We're just giving opinions here. No one is saying anyone is wrong. He asked if there were any other good releases this week, so what better place to direct him than TA's latest review on a game that came out less than three hours ago?

10. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like I was accusing, I was just saying that just because a game got 5 stars doesn't mean it will appeal to everyone.

11. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Exactly. I don't find Beat Sneak Bandit to look appealing to me even though I loved Bumpy Road.

12. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Were there any game releases last night that people would consider must-haves or really good quality games? When I took a peek at the threads, I didn't see anything that interested me, but it's possible that I missed something.

13. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    BlockHopper is a really awesome puzzle platformer. It has it's issues but the pros definitely outweigh the cons. I left a moderate impression in the thread.

Pizza vs. Skeletons is awesome! I don't really have anything else to add to all the praise it's getting in its thread. Well, besides the tilt haters.

Little Acorns is pretty good.

Track Lapse is pretty awesome. It's a runner that has levels like DRWAPS. It's actually really cool because it's different. I'd suggest watching Sanuku's vid to get a feel of the gameplay. Then multiply the awesomeness by about 10. There's things like shooting a zombie and its brain flies out, then you have to jump over it. The speed isn't your typical runner speed but it's more of a challenge based runner.

I definitely recommend Dave vs Cave if you like avoid falling object games like Blocks Cometh. I keep calling it a shmup without the firepower because I can't think of the genre's name. It's just funÂ…that's all there is to it. I left a pretty hefy impression in its thread. Also, watch the vid. If it interests you in the slightest, you need to pick up the game.

On the Hop crashes too much for me to give a good opinion. From what I played, it was alright. It's definitely more about the level challenge over fancy shmancy level design. The graphics do look real nice though.

I don't really know how I feel about Beat Sneak Bandit.

Gluddle looks like an awesome puzzler, but there's a memory bug right now. Sanuku posted a video though.

I assume you know about LoE 2.

I think that's everything. Maybe get Mailmen if you have an iPad.

SZC will prolly be great too. It's supposed to come out this week. Some are hoping for a universal release today.

14. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    Thank you, I checked both of those and didn't see anything that piqued my interest, which is why I posted here.

15. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Definitely having more fun with Little Acorns than LoE2. If you're a fan of platformers..

Needless to say, Pizza Vs. Skeletons is the most fun I've had with any game for a long time.

16. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Gonna try PvS lite, does lil acorns have one too?

17. Creative Heroes

Creative Heroes Active Member

Feb 15, 2012
    Hi guys!

The bug only concerns iPad 1 and iPod Touch 4, all the other supported devices work fine. The fix is ready (took longer than expected unfortunately) and we're testing it right now. Then hopefully we can push it through Apple's review as quickly as possible so that it will be available within 24 hours!

So if you have an iPad2 or iPhone 4(s) or whatever, go get it!!

http://itunes.apple.com/app/gluddle/id436344802

Btw: thanks for all your feedback - we would really like to hear from you - the good, the bad and the funny ;-)

18. knoids

knoids Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    School
    Seattle WA (USA)
    Why does Mailman not work on smaller iThings?

19. knoids

knoids Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    School
    Seattle WA (USA)
    1000th post!

20. kasm

kasm Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    You may want to try the Antrim Escape series.