Support our Sponsors:

Old 08-26-2014, 06:13 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via Skype™ to vbnn2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tap To Play View Post
I have been an indie developer for about 4 years. I have made a number of titles that made me some money, one that made me quite a bit, and a couple that made me virtually nothing at all.

It's a gamble each time, unless you've made a name for yourself and have a following.

How do I survive? I also develop games (and sometimes websites) for clients. Years ago, I met a small game company right here on these forums, and that has lead to work for me.

For an ios game, I usually charge between $8k ad $50k. This allows me to make enough so that I can also focus on my own projects now and then.

It's important to have connections that know what you're capable of.
After a year indie with 2 projects. I remember the reason why i choose to be an indie, make game for fun and nobody can tell me what to do or how to do, but without money make our life harder and put many pressure on us. So now i decided to work for a company and to be an indie in freetime. Maybe it take more time to release an game, but I make game with my joy
Old 08-28-2014, 12:33 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Marketing as an indie game developer is more than possible thanks to social media. There's facebook groups where you can promote your apps, facebook pages, reddit pages, twitter users, tumblr even, etc. You just have to be creative and write some compelling words. If possible, you can even start a raffle or something like that.
Old 08-28-2014, 11:54 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via Skype™ to vbnn2

Use promote ads is a way to promote our game, i haved search some information first and i find something interest.

Quote:
TapJoy charges around 50-75% of a paid app’s price per install, and between $0.35-0.75 for free app installations

To get into the top 10 apps in the App Store, it is rumoured to cost around $20,000-$30,000. Agencies such as ComboApp say it can get your app into a top 100 category for $4,900

Research from Fiksu, a leading app promotion company, claims the cost of acquiring loyal users (user who use your app more than 3 times)has risen from $1.10 in May 2011 (before the ban) to $1.31 in February 2011

Fiksu says its own platform delivers loyal users typically for less than $1 and some as low as $0.45
You can read full article here

If this is true, then some publisher like Ketchapp can boost their game in a few days and if their game is success like "Amazing brick" or "Circle the dot", they make hundreds of thousand of dollars.

Again, as an indie, i felt so hard to survive haha
Old 08-28-2014, 01:53 PM

[QUOTE=vbnn2;3331272]Use promote ads is a way to promote our game, i haved search some information first and i find something interest.

If this is true, then some publisher like Ketchapp can boost their game in a few days and if their game is success like "Amazing brick" or "Circle the dot", they make hundreds of thousand of dollars.

Again, as an indie, i felt so hard to surviveto

To be honest I don't know how they make Money with
Shifty games lime that dot one as my game is surely an original simple great one and after 166 launch installs nearly all of them have deleted the game and I have not 1 inapp ppurchase or even
Money from chartboost ads
Old 08-28-2014, 06:33 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

[QUOTE=Planetman;3331422]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vbnn2 View Post
Use promote ads is a way to promote our game, i haved search some information first and i find something interest.

Again, as an indie, i felt so hard to surviveto

To be honest I don't know how they make Money with
Shifty games lime that dot one as my game is surely an original simple great one and after 166 launch installs nearly all of them have deleted the game and I have not 1 inapp ppurchase or even
Money from chartboost ads
and you still haven't told a person on touch arcade what the game is which could get you downloads and free marketing. You are just trying to fail and getting what you deserve.