Glu games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Amenbrother, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    You know this weekend I went on a Glu games binge and I have to say I loved a bunch of them. Just some of them are super hard once u play them a bit, like cant even progress past a certain point unless u pay for gems or whatever the premium currency is. To bad because I would pay at least $6 for most of there games if they were beatable with no IAP. Anyone else like Glu games or have some tips to get past IAP barrier?

2. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Umm how about a glu game going 7 bucks then after that person bought it,it goes free. So after hearing that I say screw glu

3. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Gears and guts is good ...haven't hit pay wall yet:)

4. Glu games are pretty, and fun to play for one hour, then you hit a paywall and quit or pay inapps, then delete. So much for that.

5. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Well I played like 6 of there games for like a whole weekend with no pay wall yet except for a few of them and I feel like I am getting close to a wall on a few others. Sigh I wish they made premium games!

6. DannyTheElite

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Which ones did you not hit pay wall on?

7. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Yup I am getting kind of far on that one myself, I am thinking becauase I got a random blue car as a drop that has helped me go farther with no IAP.

8. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Dragon Slayer got stupid hard after a few areas got beat. U would like have 25% life left and no way to get more unless u bought IAP potions. Death Dome is another one I hit a pay wall on, and one is coming or near on Blood & Glory 2.

I hate games that have health potions as premium currency only and not currency that is gained normally.

9. DannyTheElite

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    B&G2 was for me download for an hour play 20 minutes , then hit pay wall and delete.

10. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Ya I actually earned enough of the premium currency on B&G2 to buy some special priced weapon that helped me get kind of far but now I am struggling.

11. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Worse, they pull their best games from the store: Beat It! (Oh how I loved that game) and the Glyder series.

12. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Never heard of those. I had my iPod since July

13. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    #13 Amenbrother, Dec 2, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
    What Glu games do you guys like? Is there some good ones that arent so hard on the IAP thing?

I am all the way to tournament 5 on B&G2 is that kind of far with no IAP?

14. workingman

workingman Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Maintanence
    Ma
    You can get far in samurai vs zombie without iaps and also zombie HQ. I do love most of their games and also wish they made freemium games

15. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    #15 Eoghann, Dec 3, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
    I love Glu Games. But what breaks my heart are the games with excruciating IAP. My finest example is Blood and Glory II.

You're not alone on that one. No matter how much grinding I did, the difficulty curve combined with the IAP wall and I just couldn't get past a certain stage no matter how hard or how long I tried. With my measly sword I had to take down enemies with ridiculous HP and that could destroy me and crush my shield with one swipe. If I remember correctly, it was around stage 15, maybe? Can't remember for sure, it was probably one third or one half of the entire game.

But there are others that I still have on my phone to this day. Lil' Kingdom is one of them. My girlfriend and I can vouche for that game because it's IAP wall isn't set so high compared to their other games.

Contract Killer:Zombies and Contract Killer: Zombies 2 are pretty good as well. I own both non zombie CKs as well, but I prefer the zombie ones. I played CK:Z, but replaced it with CK:Z 2 when it came out and so far it seems pretty well balanced for me.

Tavern Quest is also pretty well balanced. A lot of their management style games are pretty forgiving with the currency.

I have many more Glu Games, but haven't played them that much.

16. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    #16 Greyskull, Dec 3, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
    Their games ARE freemium. Do you know what freemium means?

And to Bramblett: those games came out 2008-2009 or 10 (not sure about Glyder 2).

EDIT:Zombie HQ isn't Glu. To bad I deleted it before any updates...I had nearly everything in the game, an bajillions of premium currency without using iaps. But therein lies the problem with any game that uses purchasable currency: you usually can't back your game up properly and if you need to delete one to make room, it's effectively unplayable again.

17. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Thanks for the response! I am starting to get stuck on contract killer 2 now... Non zombie one.

18. Blood and glory 1+2 are fun to play for 30 min to one hour, then you either hit the paywall or get bored. Well worth trying I guess, but waste of disk space to keep on for long.

19. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Ya I just deleted it myself since in 1 hit I am dead. No way to get past that without IAP :(

20. puzzledra

puzzledra Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2012
    i got bored and deleted it..lol but twas true..30 minutes - 1 hour i really have fun on it