TA Forums Game of the Week! (Mar 14)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Echoseven, Mar 15, 2012.

?

What is your Game of the Week for the week of Mar 14?

Poll closed Mar 21, 2012.
  1. Super Lemonade Factory

8.5%
  2. MotoHeroz

23.4%
  3. Fireball SE

8.5%
  4. Rune Raiders

20.2%
  5. Chaos Rings II

29.8%
  6. Flight Control Rocket

4.3%
  7. DoDonPachi Resurrection HD

5.3%
  1. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Kung Fu Rabbit is the tenth million Super Meat Boy clone that comes to the AppStore, its good and polished, but still a clone... so would vote for something new and original

2. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    I hate the way Kung Fu Rabbit plays/controls. It's terrible. I'm honestly trying to give it time to grow on me, but damn. It's almost as bad as Super Meat Boy.

3. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Bit it's not a SMB clone... Jumping isn't needed to be as precise, and there's no time limits...

But it is a bite sized platformer... So whatever... No point in debating it I guess.

4. ava hovnanian

ava hovnanian New Member

Mar 19, 2012
    Liked bitter sam too

5. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Go MotoHeroz, go! Beat out that mangy Chaos Rings 2! ;) :)

6. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    MotoHeroz is a fun little game, but to me it's preposterous that it's as close to CR2 as it is. CR2 is going to be on my year end list, not just this week.

7. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I think the opposite! ;) :) It just depends on what you like.

8. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    Have you played CR2? I know things are a matter of taste, but to me this is like comparing a good burger with a world class filet mignon.

9. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #49 backtothis, Mar 20, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
    That's the thing though. I'm willing to bet the majority of the people who voted for the other options didn't want to spend the $18 on CRII like myself. It's impossible for everyone to play all, or even half, the games on the poll every week before voting, so the contest is more of a fun weekly thing than a contest. Only got Motoheroz out of all the releases sadly, so I'm going to pass on voting this week since I know CRII would be my GOTW if I had it. Loved the first two.

10. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    =oP

I got CRII, but haven't even put it on my device yet... I'm in the middle of a couple other RPGs, and I get all confused when I try to play too many at once. I'd also like to completely finish the first one before I start on the second.

11. justln

justln Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2011
    Singapore
    CR2 is amazing, it's just a piece of art with a storyline that drags you into the CR2 world.

12. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    If Chaos Rings wasn't on here I'd go for Rune Raiders in a heartbeat. But CR2 is hard to beat.

13. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    #53 crunc, Mar 21, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
    No, I have not, but I'm not much into turn-based RPGs in general. The only ones I have enjoyed, are Paper Mario, Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door, Costume Quest and Mother 3 (fan translation). The two Paper Mario games are two of my favorite games of all time. They all have an action element to their turn based battles, they all have a whimsical style and they absolutely do not take themselves seriously. Not even remotely. So, yes, it is a matter of taste. Chaos Rings II is sort of intriguing, but it's just a curiosity thing, certainly not something I'd want to spend money on, or at least not much.

I am really looking forward to Paper Mario 3DS, and will be borrowing my kids' 3DS to play it. :)