★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
12-07-2017, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardumb View Post
I have a (probably impossible) request, but I want to share it anyway. I'd love it if this game supported portrait orientation. The way you control the hammer is super similar to the natural movement of your thumb.

I actually play in portrait already, with everything sideways lol, because it feels so much more natural than holding it with one hand and using the finger of my other hand. Yes, it breaks my brain because the gravity is going left instead of down, but I've sort of adjusted to it. But I can't help but think how amazing it would be to play it the way that feels most comfortable with everything oriented properly.

Don't know how hard it would be to implement, but just wondering if you've ever considered or heard other requests for it. IMO this game would be the ultimate one-handed portrait game.
I'd like to express my support for this one. It would feel better for some in portrait mode.
12-07-2017, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardumb View Post
I have a (probably impossible) request, but I want to share it anyway. I'd love it if this game supported portrait orientation. The way you control the hammer is super similar to the natural movement of your thumb.

I actually play in portrait already, with everything sideways lol, because it feels so much more natural than holding it with one hand and using the finger of my other hand. Yes, it breaks my brain because the gravity is going left instead of down, but I've sort of adjusted to it. But I can't help but think how amazing it would be to play it the way that feels most comfortable with everything oriented properly.

Don't know how hard it would be to implement, but just wondering if you've ever considered or heard other requests for it. IMO this game would be the ultimate one-handed portrait game.
Couldn't agree more!

12-07-2017, 10:38 PM
Im enjoying this game a lot! There are some spots where you have to make blind jumps which makes it very much a trial and error game at times. Overall its fantastic!!
12-07-2017, 11:11 PM
Switch?
12-09-2017, 11:31 AM
Battery drain

Anybody else experiencing big time battery drain and a hot phone while playing? Solution?

iPhone X - IOS 11.2
12-09-2017, 12:07 PM
My Apologies.. Its Great

Alright. I left a 3 star iTunes review for this game. I was angry. Just. Angry. Ive played this on PC and thought I would do better here. The controls, in my brain, seemed they would work better and make more sense.

Nope.

Just as hard a frustrating. I spent 2 flipping hours trying to get past the stinkin double lamp ascension. I couldnt do it. I just couldnt.

I got mad and left a review criticizing the controls.

In reality, I needed to up the sensitivity. I did that. Beat the lamps. Made it a few more areas up. Fell down from the grill. Cant get past the lamps again.

Not the games fault. Mine. I fricken hate and love this game all at the same time. Im bad. I cant do it.

This game should be given out to all high school students so they can realize... they can do things wrong, and thats ok. It isnt always someone elses fault. I teach high school. Its ok.

Gosh dangit Bennett Foddy.
12-09-2017, 04:14 PM
Holy lord it got ported... this is nuts. Shoutout to pewdiepie for making things blow up
12-10-2017, 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stfj View Post
it uses the same controls that the PC game uses if you're using touchpad (which Bennett actually thinks is the best way to play).
Best as in "easiest", or as in "will hurt people"?
12-10-2017, 06:28 AM
I played the complete game on pc. And wanted to try a rerun on my ipad. But for me the controls are too unprecise on touchscreen. This makes a very hard game even harder. Had much more fun in failing on the pc version. Because there it was my bad skill. Now im blaming the touchscreen controls and my fingers. Nearly impossible to hold a position before jumping without moving your char.

I guess on touchscreens no one will ever finish this game.

Last edited by Ghostdog1; 12-10-2017 at 06:38 AM.
12-10-2017, 10:33 AM
The same on iphone 7plus ios11.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lboldham View Post
Anybody else experiencing big time battery drain and a hot phone while playing? Solution?

iPhone X - IOS 11.2
Battery Drain, hot phone and again and again i fall down. :-)