Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-05-2014, 08:28 AM

Default Magical Halloween 4 [iOS port]

Hey, I just wanted to let everyone in on KONAMI's latest pachinko machine port to iOS (Japan)---Magical Halloween 4.

I know pachinko machines aren't popular here in the US (or anywhere outside of Asia as far as I know), but I wanted to give people a chance to see one of the latest and greatest pachinko machines that KONAMI has created in action. The iOS port is pretty much a direct machine port and is 1.9GB installed size, only no need to pay real money for credits. I've been playing for a while and I'm still relatively new to these pachinko slots, but I gotta say, it's really entertaining, addicting, and random due to the nature of pachinko. :D

So, I decided to make the only non-Asian demonstration video of this iOS port on YouTube, lol:

Last edited by senkoujin; 02-05-2014 at 08:33 AM..
Old 02-05-2014, 08:38 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Thanks for the video, must admit i dont 'get' pachinko machines, arent they a bit like fruit machines but you dont win money you normally win small ball bearings to re-use ?

Saying that it does look very good, just 1.9 gig in size ? Ridiculous they havent managed to get the size down
Old 02-05-2014, 01:19 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

First of all, this isn't a pachinko machine at all! It's a video skill slot machine! Pachinko parlors are still a huge thing in Japan, where you purchase a certain number of steel ball bearings and these days are loaded into the top of the machine and by turning a knob a certain amount electronically they fall down hitting a bunch of pins on the way down and you never know which way they'll go trying to open catchers for as many points possible and the whole machine comes alive with video, tunes, and a lot of sounds. It gets pretty loud. Your winnings are then redeemed at the counter where you can get small things like tooth brushes, combs, toiletries, etc. They are a lot of fun as I have had a couple of them in my other house with all my other arcade machines some years ago. Closely related to games now-days like Peggle or Papa Pear Saga.
This looks like a good reproduction of a newer skill slot, though, and I'll give it a look. Not really sure why the file size is so large though. Seems weird.

Last edited by bigrand1; 02-05-2014 at 01:29 PM..
Old 02-05-2014, 01:43 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Yeah good point. I was wondering where all the ball bearings were!!! Glad you corrected us. Still can't believe the filesize
Old 02-05-2014, 10:02 PM

Default MAJIHARO PachiSlot Pachinko

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrand1 View Post
First of all, this isn't a pachinko machine at all! It's a video skill slot machine! Pachinko parlors are still a huge thing in Japan, where you purchase a certain number of steel ball bearings and these days are loaded into the top of the machine and by turning a knob a certain amount electronically they fall down hitting a bunch of pins on the way down and you never know which way they'll go trying to open catchers for as many points possible and the whole machine comes alive with video, tunes, and a lot of sounds. It gets pretty loud. Your winnings are then redeemed at the counter where you can get small things like tooth brushes, combs, toiletries, etc. They are a lot of fun as I have had a couple of them in my other house with all my other arcade machines some years ago. Closely related to games now-days like Peggle or Papa Pear Saga.
This looks like a good reproduction of a newer skill slot, though, and I'll give it a look. Not really sure why the file size is so large though. Seems weird.
Hey thanks for the information correction, I was under the impression that "PACHISLOT" meant a pachinko slot machine, but in actuality, it's the descendant of the traditional Japanese pachinko machines. I also believe that the same "ball bearing mechanics" are applied to these games in the form of integrated circuits as there is a "B-B Game" counter in these games. But you're absolutely right, pachislot is a video skill slot machine.

As for Magical Halloween 4, this pachislot machine is very new (came out Nov 2013) and is the latest installment in KONAMI's popular Magical Halloween PACHISLOT franchise. Just last month, it was ported to iOS. The AppStore also has the 2nd (600MB+) and 3rd (800MB+) installment, but their sizes are nothing compared to this latest 4th installment. My guess is that the huge size is comes from the video quality, which is noticably higher, faster, and smoother than all other universal (iPad/iPhone) pachislot games that I've encountered in the AppStore; not only that, there are TONS of video content not shown in the above YouTube video, for I was in "Magical RUSH" mode the whole time due to hitting the BIG BONUS repeatedly before making this video. I have like over 400 games left before I get out of this mode, haha! Lastly, most of the newest pachislot direct machine ports are going to be over 1.5GB---eg. Guilty Gear, Star Driver, and this game...and expect to pay top dollar for them (1,500~2,000JPY). IMO, the Magical Halloween series is the cream of the crop.

Here's a video of someone playing the actual machine hitting some crazy shit:

Last edited by senkoujin; 02-05-2014 at 10:10 PM.. Reason: Added video