iPhone and iPod touch 4G

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by strato g, May 25, 2010.

1. strato g

strato g Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Assuming that all the wishful rumors about the upcoming idevices being HD are correct, I wonder exactly what this will mean for gaming. Will current games automatically scale up to the new devices? Will the new devices play iPad formatted games, since they're already in HD format or will developers have to go back and re-format all of their games?

2. Noman

Noman Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    I don't have a clue about ipad games, but for iphone games it's generally thoought that the iphone 4g has exactly double the resolution of the current ones which would easily allow for it to run older iphone games.

3. RonBurgundy

RonBurgundy Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Anchorman
    Channel 4 Newsroom
    From what I have read (I could be wrong) it works like a ipad, the screen resolution is supposed to be nearly the same as the ipad so it will run ipad games in a natural resolution meanwhile ipod games will be upscaled. (Again I could be very wrong but I think that's what I have read)

4. BTM4444

BTM4444 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Freshman In College. Studying Public Administratio
    Cleveland, Ohio
    #4 BTM4444, May 26, 2010
    Last edited: May 26, 2010
    If that's true then there rly is no point in buying an ipad if all u want it for is high resolution games and stuff

5. All-Eyez-On-Me

All-Eyez-On-Me Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2010
    From what RonBurgundy said, I think that would be awesome if it was liike the iPad in terms of size. I wonder if the grahics chip or whatever will be updated. If it does, that gives popular game developers a better system to work with, maybe we will finally see a Final Fantasy XIII

6. Unholy3000

Unholy3000 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009

Or better yet imagine how detailed and polished games like aralon would look like!!

7. jovy23

jovy23 Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2009
    I can't wait until June 7th comes because ive read somewhere thats when they gonna reveal it in Apple's WWDC 2010 and also probably the release of Firmware 4.0. I Wonder how much will it cost to buy it and if there is any other services like t-mobile coming out for it.

8. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    This thread is a facepalm

9. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    But then the buttons on the iPhone/iPod would be to small for a game meant for Bio.

10. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Agreed.