TripTrap - flip & run puzzles

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by baris, Jan 8, 2014.

1. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Thanks for the code gonna play now be back soon.

2. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    Yay, a new cute puzzle game that works on my iPad 1 and I got a code for it! Thanks! I played the first levels and like what I see. It's polished and cute, and there seem to be a whole lot of levels. I'm looking forward to playing more.

3. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Wow, these are the games I like, one touch gameplay done right. First I wanna say very cool Icon, you just see on the Icon that this is a great game. Played the fist world and really loving it, there are four worlds, each with 20 levels and more coming soon. After a few levels you get a speed pad to let the mouse run faster, really ads to the gameplay. And after you complete the first world you get to unlock puzzle mode which instantly doubles the game instead of 80 levels you now have 160 cool. In puzzle mode you need to finish the level in a set number of jumps. Looking forward to play more tomorrow, glad that Lena and The Frost like the game and I think SOS and Andy would love it too, in fact I dare andy to beat me because currently I am no:1.

4. background

background Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2012
    Auditor
    Thank you for the promocode, just tried the first chapter, the game is really polished, I like the graphics and the rat is very cute indeed. The control is easy for one tap, but the gameplay challenging on higher levels, also like the settings of casual and puzzle mode, recommend to puzzle game lovers for sure.

5. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    That speed up button adds a nice twist! I like how this game is progressing... I am hooked and will finish it soon :)

6. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

#26 Bronxsta, Jan 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
    Thank you for the promo code! Up to 1-16 and it's great. First of all, I really like the art style. It's vibrant and nicely animated and has a lot of character.

The gameplay is great as well. One touch controls and single screen challenges like Run Roo Run or Galaxy Run but with more of puzzle focus without sacrificing the need for quick reflexes. The levels also feel far more free-form than those games, allowing the player to improve their attempts with fewer jumps. It controls perfectly and the challenge ramps up nicely, thanks to new hazards and obstacles. I haven't even tried puzzle mode yet, so there's a nice amount of replay value here. For 0.99, there's a nice chunk of content here and while there is IAP, it's totally unnecessary. If I hadn't known beforehand, I wouldn't have even realized the game had IAP

Edit: Puzzle mode is where the real fun is. Here, the Causal mode was just practice. You need to know the level, which direction a platform switch will take you, control your speed, time your jumps exactly.

7. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Love the game, I just keep falling out of Game Center all the time, when I play a level I am back on Game Center and a few hours later I am off again is it my connexion or what is it. Happens to more games I play lately, does anybody have the same problem or not.

8. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    Puzzle mode is great! This feels like an oldskool iOS game to me, but it's really original too. That's impressive. I love the icon too, and the variety of achievements are a nice touch. IAP appears to be for helmets that protect you against one death-by-spikes. I don't know if equipping a helmet affects scoring. I don't know how hard the levels will become later on so can't say if IAP is necessary. I assume it isn't for most TA gamers, who are more hardcore than most.

9. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I was fortunate to receive a code and this game is a treat! Great sound, graphics and animation combined with easy one touch controls and fun puzzle action. While the current version is iPhone only, it still looks fantastic on my iPad 3 and the next version will be Universal. This is a keeper!

10. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Three-starred (cheesed?) the first world on Causal, now working my way through Puzzle mode. Much more challenging, timing and measured use of the boost is needed.

Had a bug in a few levels. Basically when you knocked the cheese off the higher platforms, they would fall through the level rather than stopping where it was supposed to.

Also what is a Golden Gate rewarded for? I was earning Golden Gates for all the levels and then 1-15 and 1-16 didn't earn it, despite getting a high score and all the three cheese pieces in each

11. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    Played the game like the core mechanic. It's fun but challenging at the same time. My only problem is my screen was frozen every time I opened Game Center directly from the menu. I wish it can be fixed soon, as soon as the universal build arrives

12. baris

baris Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Thanks for the seal :)
    mace = maze ?

Good luck with your challenge, and glad you liked the icon! The other option was to have the mouse featuring in the icon, but we decided this is less generic and more intriguing.

I'm not sure what the issue is.. What exactly do you mean by being 'off Game Center'?

The helmet doesn't affect the scores. It indeed protects you from one death (spiked at first, but then there are other enemies in later rooms). The levels become pretty hard, but none of them are meant to push you to IAPs, they are designed exactly as they would have been without the helmets.

I will look into the bugs you guys mention. The cheese one should only be happening in older devices, and I will fix it asap (and it might have become even rarer in the universal update). Not sure what the other one is about, never encountered in testing on any device. I'll follow up with you copaeci to figure it out.

Golden Gate is when you finish the puzzle mode with three cheese + 1 jump left. It's gettable in all levels, though quite challenging in some.
    (By the way, this the puzzle mode is inspired by the game TastyTadpoles)

Thanks for all the responses, and hope you keep enjoying the game!

13. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    About the Game Center problem, the achievements work great it's with the leaderboard sometimes I am on it and sometimes I am not, but it's not a big problem, it's just when I am no:1 I want to see it all the time Ha Ha.

14. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    #34 lena, Jan 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
    There's something weird with GC indeed because I don't see Roger listed in GC for this game at all now, and I'm sure he was there yesterday.
    I recognize this bug, I had the same problem with other games and it always seemed to have to do something with the combination of device and iOS version. I'm surprised that I don't seem to have any GC problems now because I figured many GC problems had to do with me still being on iOS 5.

[edit] I do now see that I'm not in the Living Room leaderboards (second world) even though I do see myself in the Kitchen and Fitness Room. That seems weird.

I'm still liking the game a lot!

15. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    I'm still playing Bellyfish from time to time, great game. So I'm looking forward to TripTrap, sounds like it is also a great game :)

16. baris

baris Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    When you're no. 1, you should indeed see yourself all the time!
    Disappearing from the leader boards must be a general issue I think.. Because we don't do anything that can mess with your scores once they're updated, that data is held in Game Center. Only thing I can think of is, maybe it's related to the game being pre-release

Glad to hear you're still playing Bellyfish.. And for TripTrap being good, you'll be able to decide that for yourself very soon! :)

17. MikeNintendo

MikeNintendo Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    Oh, i remember Bellyfish! Was fun, ye, will definitly try TripTrap :)

18. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    I find this game even better than Bellyfish it's simple and intriguing at the same time.

19. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Don't see you on the living room leaderboards either, on the other leaderboards I do see you, hope this is solved once the game goes live thursday.

20. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    I see a few of you guys already have a running start! That's not fair! :eek:

Looks fun and challenging. Definitely will buy it.
    Reminds me of a few games I have played: Crazytarium, Follow the Rabbit and especially Bobbing.
    But if it is too "twitchy" (like Bobbing was for me), I will not be good at it. See, I'm already chickening out :D

[edit] ... running start ... :D pun was not intended, but now it is