What would N on the iPod be like?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by kaboom132, Oct 9, 2010.

1. kaboom132

kaboom132 Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    In case you don't know N, here's a link: http://www.stickpage.com/ngameplay.shtml
    If it seems like a good idea, I might as well email metanet software. I'm just wondering how the controls would work.

What do you guys think?

2. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    It would probably be just like the DS port of it, but with a virtual gamepad on the screen.

3. natedogg213

natedogg213 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Blogger
    Colorado
    I was just wondering why this game had not been ported to the iphone. Seems like a match made in heaven.

4. kaboom132

Apr 30, 2010
    But would the virtual D-pad work? I think it would, I'm just wondering what you think.

5. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    i think it could work out-- especially since the iphone/ipod touch screen is slightly bigger than the ds'.

6. D1st0rtedFate

D1st0rtedFate Active Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Space, Outer
    I've been waiting for someone to port it. It sound like it'd be a great idea.

7. lefrisbee

lefrisbee Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    I beat all of the episodes of N (there are 100 of them - the version you linked to is only about a third of the whole game) about five years ago, and I'm pretty sure that you need tactile feedback for this game. I can't imagine playing it on a touch screen due to the high speed and precision of the inputs. I can't even imagine playing it on a game controller, but maybe that's just due to the many hours I spent playing it with my keyboard.

8. kaboom132

Apr 30, 2010
    That's what I was worried about - I could never get past episode 8, and I've spent hours on the game as well. With touch controls, the feedback might not be quite as good - but I guess we might as well try to find out. I'll shoot metanet an email.

9. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    This is one of my favorite PSP games, I would love to see it on the iDevice. But I doubt the controls would be pretty good.