Which Knife do you prefer on Monster Mayhem?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by kinnth, May 20, 2010.

?

Which Knife do you prefer on Monster Mayhem?

1. Should the kinfe mechanism be a single slash like version 1.00?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Should the kinfe mechanism be continually slashing like version 1.01?

35.7%
  3. Should the user have the option to choose which knife to have?

64.3%
  1. kinnth

kinnth Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    #1 kinnth, May 20, 2010
    Last edited: May 20, 2010
    Hi Everyone,

I have been really enjoying Monster Mayhem that Taplay and Chillingo have produced and published, however, it seems that the app store reviews have really started slating the new knife feature.

Check out the game here http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/monster-mayhem/id369904028?mt=8

If you had the original v1.0 you will have known that the knife slashes once and then you take your finger off and slash again. It is also slightly more powerful

The update then created a new knife slash where the user dragged their finger around the screen and the knife would continually slash. You could drag your finger back and forth to continue to slash the same monster. It is also slightly less powerful as you can slash more often.

Now I wondered, which of these mechanisms works the best or is it just personal preference? I have added a poll which asks this but gives a third option where each user can select which knife type to use.

2. kiranb28

kiranb28 Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010

1. Your post belongs here:
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=53993

2. Adding an option to toggle between half-speed, double damage (touch, swipe, lift, repeat) vs half-damage, double speed (touch, keep swiping) should be added seeing how there are many people who don't like the new knife style.

I personally LOVE it - no more aching fingers.

3. kinnth

kinnth Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Should I move it or leave it here?

4. Nejibana

Nejibana Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    is it similar to the one in fruit ninja?

5. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    thread moved and renamed