Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-28-2013, 06:11 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebmart View Post
Perhaps, but large enough to show how absurd this monetization scheme is.

Also, let's not forgot that they use a "Kompu gancha" scheme which means this app would be illegal in Japan.
i agree. even tough i like the game and still play it from time to time i probably loose interest soon.

if you look at the data, the guys spending over 100$ oO on the game got 4 legendary.
now look at the teams of the top pvp players who have full teams of 80ish max combined legendaries

it is ok to like the pvp and even have fun in mid range but no one should have any illusions that they come up with a strategy or grind long enough to get a team that beat those 1000+$ guys at the top imho.

as i see it its more like a money vs player then a real pvp game
Old 01-10-2014, 11:19 AM

Save your time. And I mean it, lots of time will be wasted grinding nodes. The F2P players are at an extreme disadvantage. Legendary just don't drop for us. And when a lvl 5 player with 1 legendary can defeat a lvl 20 player with 2 epics and 3 rares, the game is broken. Not to mention the absolute coin toss of every encounter. Will your Stun go off, will your 15% crit hit! I give up. And deleted the app at lvl 25, $1.99 spent, 50 hours wasted.
Old 04-29-2014, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4stOne View Post
Save your time. And I mean it, lots of time will be wasted grinding nodes. The F2P players are at an extreme disadvantage. Legendary just don't drop for us. And when a lvl 5 player with 1 legendary can defeat a lvl 20 player with 2 epics and 3 rares, the game is broken. Not to mention the absolute coin toss of every encounter. Will your Stun go off, will your 15% crit hit! I give up. And deleted the app at lvl 25, $1.99 spent, 50 hours wasted.

I have bought the one time offer, and then the smallest gem purchase you could do and that's it. I have 5 Legendary (2 of them are stage 2) and dozens of Epic toons all from farming nodes or cash farming to buy warrior packs (check forums for various strategy on how to do this). I am in the top 25% of pvp boards and regularly complete the multitude of events they have running almost constantly. Even won a Legendary from an event.
I like this game a lot , and play it in short spurts and that works great for me. I think I'm just about to get level 70.

Stick with it, it gets better!
Old 07-15-2014, 04:49 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Default Ally codes?

I am surprised at how much I'm enjoying this game now. I know that I took it for a spin when it first hit worldwide (back in the halcyon days of yore before I found the joy of hitting soft launches with CA and NZ accounts).

There is no paywall. Seriously.

Yes, there is energy (PvE)/stamina (PvP) and unless you want to spend gems (which are pretty generously allotted all things considered), this can pretty well limit your playtime to 5-15 minute bursts every couple hours. But there are SO many ways to work the system not only to get more time but also to climb pretty high in the pvp rankings.

I have not spent a single dime outside of the "one time offer" of an epic for 99 cents. I regretted the purchase since I ended up with a pretty mediocre epic for my moolah. Through the standard purchase of 1500 gold a pop (gold seriously comes pouring in), I've bought tons and tons of heroes, mostly ending up as fodder... though I have snagged 2 legendaries, a handful of epics and countless rares this way. All in two weeks of playing.

I'm nearing level 70, am able to break 2500 ranking in every event pretty easily and 1000 if I'm willing to burn some gems... not much more than you'll end up making for the event, so it's a VERY cost efficient way to get specific epics (I haven't seen legendaries as rewards for lower than 500 ranking iirc).

That's the key... buying heroes for gems (38 for a "Champion Pack, 324 for "Grand Champion" which nets 10 heroes) is just so damned inefficient. Random rare (with a small chance at epic and insanely small for legendary) which will most likely be fodder to upgrade another hero, and the kind of thing you will EASILY get from doing daily challenges (PvE). But, if you are willing to grind the PvP it's feasible to get exactly what you want insofar as some key epics.

So, after that long ramble, let me put this out there. Having people add you as an ally will net you a single rare hero (up to 10) if you are their first such ally... a stab at "spreading the word" I guess, but it's rather oddly handled since only the first time you are added to someone's ally list gives them a reward. Even though these will most likely end up as the aforementioned rare fodder, I still want 'em!

If you're interested head to...

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=236420

In addition, if anyone has questions about leveling or pvp strategy, hit me up.

Last edited by Dethedrus; 07-15-2014 at 05:30 PM.. Reason: FINALLY figured out how to link a TA thread...