Universal Silversword - RPG (Bard's Tale '85 homage)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by undeadcow, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    Actually I wouldn't recommend trying the original BT freebies that come with the newer BT iOS version. As much as I loved the original BT back in the day, SS is much better done, at least functionality-wise. It adds so many details and convieniences the originals never had that make playing a much smoother experience.

2. Savant

Savant Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Is there a way to always show the minimap while moving/exploring in the game?

3. No, there isn't.
    Maybe this feature might come with a future update.

Kind regards
    Mario

4. PNem

PNem Active Member

Apr 28, 2009
    I just picked this up, and am completely hooked.

An excellent throw-back game, with enough minor touches that remove some of the annoyances from games of the Bard's Tale era.

5. Thank you very much :)

If you need support, just contact me!

Kind regards
    Mario

6. By the way, a new version just made it to the App Store (2.4.1).

7. jForsythe

jForsythe Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2013
    Just brought the game and the Compendium and was wondering what the difference between the manual and the Compendium is.?
    Also got the expansion rise of the dragons.

8. Sorry for the late reply.

Thank you very much for your support :)

The manual covers the basic game mechanics and helps you getting started.
    The compendium adds details about items, spell costs, creature abilities and some more in-depth insight into the game.

kind regards
    Mario

9. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    Crypt...

I am really enjoying this old school piece of goodness, but WHY IN THE WORLD did they feel it necessary to hide the crypt behind multiple fake trees, spinners, and level 10 + forest guardians?!?!? Why this one dungeon? All the rest are out in the open, giving players the impression that hunting for secrets is a sport for obsessive completionists, and not necessary to avoid getting permanently stuck.

I just got the stupid rusty bar, but I spent a ridiculous amount of time flipping back and forth between the map and the game screen as I carefully examined every single obstacle. Unlike every other part of this wonderful game, this part was not fun; it was work.

10. Dave in the basement

Dave in the basement Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2011
    Indiana
    This game is an homage to The Bard's Tale II, IIRC, and the Grey Crypt was a pain to find in that game. Quite fitting, in my opinion!

11. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    Ah, geez... I remember that now. I actually called the developer on the phone to ask for help (don't remember how I got his number). Ok, I get it now. Everybody go back to what you were doing. Nothing to see here.

12. Damn, that crypt again!

I will have to speak with the Roadwardens of Castle Cranbourgh. They surely could spare some torches to burn a path through that old overgrown area of gnarled trees. But I am afraid that they are somewhat scared of the undead...

(joking-stop. Glad you made it :) )

kind regards
    Mario

13. Happy Birthday

I hope I won't be brandmarked as a spammer.
    Just wanted to say Happy Birthday to Silversword - 6 years now alive and kicking.
    Really. Update 2.5.8 just went live. And know what?
    I won't stop for now. Things in progress:

- new skills for thieves
    - new maps (the forgotten isles wait with new quests)
    - and of course new creatures and challenges

Btw: the monk just got updated... you will see him make roundhouse kicks now ;-)

So, perhaps you might want to give the game another try - to shorten the time until the official Bard's Tale IV comes out.

kind regards
    Mario

14. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Hey Mario! I absolutely love your game! Do you have any plans on making a sequel?

15. Hello,

a sequel was in the making, but then my graphic designer left.
    Right now, I am working on another expansion - but a real sequel is not in the making I'm afraid.

Let's hope that "Burger Becky" releases her Bard's Tale Remakes (she's working on right now) for mobiles, too.

kind regards
    Mario

16. French translation ready

Hello friends,

the game is now available in french. About 3500 phrases were translated (excluding the manual).
    In addition, there were some improvements and adjustments to the game mechanics.

So... perhaps this is the time to give the game another try :)

kind regards
    Mario

17. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA

Good suggestion!