Sociable Soccer

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by atchoo, Aug 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    #1 atchoo, Aug 16, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
  2. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Hope there is a mobile version
    We need a good football game for this season and right now it's not looking good on that end

According to their Facebook yes it will be iOS and android
    Will have 235 national teams and 802 club teams wow this is gonna be nice

3. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Okay I have now read everything I can find on this game it's so legit
    This will be football game of the season for sure
    What's surprising is such a popular sport has such poor games available on mobile
    The usual build a fake team sim crap has taken over all in hopes you will pay some stupid amount of real money to possibly get your favorite player on your team Local Stupid Town Name FC
    Thank goodness this game steers clear of that and hopefully more will follow
    I've been so desperate for a real career mode style game that I have put Fifa 14 back on my phone that was the last time Fifa made a real game on App Store and surprisingly looks and runs well on my 6splus and its better than Fifa 16 all around

4. Jouni

Jouni Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Mountain Sheep
    Finland
    We didn't want to make too much noise about the iOS version too early on since we didn't want people to think it's "only a mobile game" when they've been wishing for a proper sequel to Sensible Soccer for years... but yes, iPhone and iPad are definitely on our target list.

I'm the lead gameplay programmer on this one. Some Touch Arcade folks might have been around long enough to remember me from Mountain Sheep of Minigore, Bike Baron and Death Rally fame. I'm one of the Mountain Sheep co-founders back in the day. :) While I was mostly behind the scenes in Mountain Sheep, I did write the initial gameplay code for Ice Rage, which turned out quite nicely in the end.

I'm happy to answer any questions people might have, but I often disappear into programming for long periods of time.

5. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Thanks for stopping in! Hope you have much success with this game and the market for a real football game is there. How many leagues from Japan are featured 1&2 or just the top level? I have a friend who wants to know that one for me is the Greek top tier in it?
    Again thanks so much for this project and this game is now my most anticipated even over Death Road To Canada
    Also what about player names? Is there an editor same for team names

6. Jouni

Jouni Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Mountain Sheep
    Finland
    Thanks, we do think there's a place for a proper *arcade* soccer game on the market, but that doesn't mean we'd have to skimp out on the data. Luckily the guy we have on the data side is very thorough...

I don't know the final numbers, I'm counting 18 Japanese and 13 Greek teams in the leagues, plus the nationals. Each player is based on the currently active players and has seven gameplay skills/statistics based on careful analysis of their play in real life. We'll probably get the next season update into the data before we get to ship this, though, so the numbers could change a little.

Thanks for taking an interest. :) We're going to include editing capability - we don't have the tens of millions it would cost to license the actual teams so we try to walk the thin line of making this reflect the sport without infringing on anyone's intellectual rights. You'll find teams like Manchester Red and Manchester Blue with some rather familiar sounding players, and can make them appear as you like in your game.

7. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Give me a proper MFi support and I'll be the happiest player of the world. #

8. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Thanks for the answers!

9. Jouni

Jouni Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Mountain Sheep
    Finland
    #9 Jouni, Aug 16, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
    Thanks for asking! :)

10. Jouni

Jouni Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Mountain Sheep
    Finland
    Here's 60fps gameplay on iPad Air in versus mode, using two SteelSeries Stratos XL MFi controllers. Happy yet? ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kDYxHHe-IY

11. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Hey, this is looking great! I'm a huge footy/soccer fan here in the U.S. and I've probably purchased way too many games... but there's always room for one more!

Anyway, I have a couple questions too. This one obviously looks like there will be plenty of arcade action, but will there also be the ability to act as manager and just watch the matches play out (kind of like Soccer Player Manager 2016)? Also, will U.S.'s MLS be one of the leagues in the game?

Thanks!

12. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    :eek:

Yes! :D

It should run @60 fps on my 6s Plus, too. :)

13. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    I am dying for a proper (not extremaly complicated) soccer sim which it is not Sega's.

Just a plain old fun with the right ammount of depth and not so much micromanagement.

14. Jouni

Jouni Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Mountain Sheep
    Finland
    Thank you for for your interest!

The original Sensible World of Soccer allowed you to let the computer play a match for you in "manager mode", so it should be possible over here as well. However, our manager features will be somewhat more limited in the first release. Ideally you'll be able to drop in and out of manager mode any time even during a match.

I *think* the MLS is in the game, but I'll confirm that later. :)

15. Jouni

Jouni Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Mountain Sheep
    Finland
    It runs @60 fps even on an iPhone 5, obviously not at the highest quality but fully playable with MFi, dual-touch screen controls and the wtf-I-can't-believe-this-works single touch mode. ;)

16. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Ok realease it tomorrow please season already started! Haha
    For real let us know here if there is any beta
    I did beta for active soccer 2

17. Jouni

Jouni Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Mountain Sheep
    Finland
    Where do you think we traditionally picked our beta testers from at Mountain Sheep? ;)

We'll let you know if we get around to running a public beta, but first we have to nail the publisher down. Meanwhile, we've been showing the game in playable form in a lot of places, even had several tournaments in game conferences. This week it's playable at Gamescom, in Cologne. :)

18. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Ok got you now I see what stage/phase you are at
    Good luck and I will be keeping tabs and spreading the word when it comes out!

19. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    Glad my post made this thread bang, I'm really looking forward to this despite the fact Sunday almost made me give up football haha. Also great to see the developer here, if you're ever in England/London I'd love to preview this! Best of luck! :)

20. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa