How important is multiplayer to you in Red Alert

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by wikoogle, Oct 28, 2009.

1. wikoogle

wikoogle Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    For me, it's make or break. I am the biggest Red Alert and RTS fan you'll ever find. I bought and played every single C&C and Red Alert game at launch. I bought RA 3 on both the PC and the Xbox 360 and lter on bought the superior PS3 version at launch as well for the free online.

But without multiplayer I don't see any point to getting this version. The AI is always garbage. The whole point of RTSs is to play against other people because they pose an actual challenge.
    If I can't play this game against my friend who lives in New York, what would be the point in either of us buying the game?

2. onewithchaos

onewithchaos Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    didnt someone mention in the other thread that multiplayer is gonna be DLC for this game?

But yea, its a big deal breaker too.

3. Dylan1696

Dylan1696 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2009
    Photographer/Graphic Designer/Electronics engineer
    Debbie did it here in '78
    I think it adds a huge level of replay ability to the game. Given that my friends and I love the game so much, it would allow us to pit ourselves against one another. Playing versus is gold, until someone can create an A.I. that can have variable changes(offensive/defensive etc..) to it's strategy, so it will act more like a human player, which never gets old.

4. kijib

kijib Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2009
    Incredibly successful Brain Surgeoune
    Pokemon World
    It needs multiplayer for free!!!!! Or else their greedy monsters
    the game itself will probably be a lot

5. Fudgeboy

Fudgeboy Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2009
    Student
    UK
    it is very important, it makes the game endless. I wouldn't mind paying although free would be better :D

6. araczynski

araczynski Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    programmer
    omaha, ne
    sigh. sounds like "i know what's best, how dare anyone else think different".

7. mattmanp

mattmanp Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    For me I don't really know anyone with iPhones/iPod touches to play against and don't care for playing against strangers so it's not a deal breaker if the game stands on it's own. However, I love multiplayer co-op enough to try that even online so that would be a bonus for me. But I'm probably an exception to the norm.

8. sticktron

sticktron Well-Known Member

It's all about playing with other people! We don't need to play by ourselves anymore, we all have Internet-connected devices, it's a no-brainer to have online multiplayer!

9. GregH

GregH Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    IMHO it will still be an awesome game even without multiplayer.

10. jamesthejust

jamesthejust Member

Oct 28, 2009
    I agree.

My PC Red Alert games used to last for hours. Even if games in this trimmed-down mobile version only last 1/2 hour - it's still too long to consistently finish online games with strangers.

Online friends & local multiplayer is a different kettle of fish tho.

I'm most looking forward to the skirmish mode (which I can drop in & out of over the course of a day).

11. Kintaro360

Kintaro360 Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Vienna
    Well, if it has no multiplay I definitely won't buy Red Alert for iPhone. It wouldn't make much sense for me.

12. acidshaman

acidshaman Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    make or break imo

13. acidshaman

acidshaman Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    This isnt skimmed down is it? thats lame if it is