Some of you TA veterans might remember WordCrasher from January 2010, as featured on TUAW and MacWorld. Well, it's about time I brought WordCrasher up to date, creating the ultimate version, WordCrasher Blitz. Free to play from the App Store in the next few days!
For those who haven't played WordCrasher before, imagine Tetris meets Boggle meets physics, and you won't be far off.
- Full universal app - iPad, Retina, all the good stuff.
- Letter multipliers - x2, x3 and x4 markers on some letters. This... changes... everything...
- Every game you play contributes to your WordMaster level. I'm not sure anyone will ever manage to max out at 50. We'll see!
- New "Quick Game" mode - 5 words, minimal time pressure. Great for the bus stop.
- All new graphics
- Twitter support under iOS 5
- 60fps gameplay (up from 40fps)
- Magical price of FREE. I want *everyone* to try WordCrasher Blitz. Full disclosure - there will be ads at the top of the screen (AdMob), which you can optionally remove by paying $0.99 as an in-app purchase.
Kevin (ex EA and Rockstar Games coding serf, now lone dev type)
Pixels on Toast (link)
- Realistic tactile physics. Letters bounce, stack, roll and respond to tilt
- Game Center and OpenFeint
- Over 190,000 words recognized in US, UK and International English
- Every *unique* word you enter is tracked, and the game tracks your vocabulary. And yes there is a leader board for that - the current WordCrasher champ has entered over 20,000 unique words!
- Marathon and Flood Panic games modes (in addition to the new Quick Game mode)
- Freeze time and Bomb powerups
(I'm the guy making Food Run