Ossian Studios - The Shadow Sun Announced

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by simulated, Sep 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I would have to agree with u they better delever...

2. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    any chance we could have a few screenshots at least this month?

Also someone in the official forum ask about a estimate release and alan said "it’ll be more around March"

3. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Shadow Sun update: mysterious silence continues; couldn't a moderator just amend the title to include this?

4. My god, still nothing, u know what, I've stuck wih his game for years...but there g
    Has been no info or progress updat, congrats obsidian u just lost one of ur most dedicated fans. So dissiponted...

5. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    Last post from game developers concerning game was on 5. January and to quote CEO and producer of Ossian Studios :

"We’re getting closer. I’m knee-deep working on sound effects right now, and there’s been a lot to get through. But it’s something that’s very important to me to get right – they have to sound great! "
    - Alan

AND

"Yes, TSS will definitely be an early 2013 release. We’re getting quite close now.
    - Alan "

And call me naive, but I actually believe him on this one :p

6. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    5th January 2013?

Seriously though, I never doubted that they will release the game eventually, I'm only afraid that they won't make such a good impression with Shadow sun as they could've years ago. (Note: same goes for Forgotten memories).

7. MrSpud

MrSpud Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2009
    Custom finishing carpenter
    Wasaga beach, Ontario, Canada
    Why not?

It almost seems like you are going out of your way to make the game appear to be vaporware, yet you expect us to blindly believe your promises without delivery. Why could you not post anymore screenshots over the last TWO years? What was the problem?

There's a difference between teasing us and leading us on, to me this is just poor marketing. But I sure hope you prove everybody wrong...

8. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    Yeah why not even one screenshot? I doubt that giving us one in-game shot will completely spoil the game to us.

9. Luke Scull

Luke Scull Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Game Designer & Author
    Warminster, UK
    Now now, let's not blame Obsidian for Ossian's failings... ;)

10. Luke Scull

Jun 9, 2011
    Game Designer & Author
    Warminster, UK
    I think we've been incredibly lucky that there's still nothing quite like TSS on the platform. So I don't think the game has suffered particularly - if anything, it's a lot better than it would have been two years ago.

11. Luke Scull

Jun 9, 2011
    Game Designer & Author
    Warminster, UK
    You would need to ask Alan that.

I hope so too!

12. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    I have no problem with them not showing any in-game footage or screenshots.Besides,if game concept and gameplay is really revolutionary , or anything new and fresh apart from generic and hybrid clone games other developers serve us in store every day , it will become popular soon even without releasing teasers, screens and hyping up people way before it's done( which tends to anger lot of people when developers postpone game release ).Also, I believe developer team put a lot of effort into making this game and they are all veterans in game development, so I trust their developing and marketing judgement and just hope they will feel comfortable soon to reveal more about game.

13. have u been waiting for over two years for this game? Did u here it will be out in 2010 op wait nope it walnt then it was 2011 and nope,this develoupers keeps leading us on... Wait for it they say, we haven't gotten anything new sense 2011 this game is develoupers using unity, wel so is mine and its almost done... So I don't want to hear it...

14. Sheinfell

Sheinfell Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    I am still looking forward to this game, if it ever gets released.

At the Developers:
    I can understand if you do not want to show any screenshots/teasers/whatever before you feel ready for it. Still, it is a bit odd for a game that is in development for 3+ years now.

From a Customer Communications point of view, you really leave us hanging and could do a better job, have to say it bluntly. And that gives the impression of Vaporware(TM), unfortunately.
    The last news entry on your homepage about TSS is from 23.12.2012, with a "You’ll be hearing from us in early 2013." statement/promise.
    Well, it is early 2013 now, but no news so far.
    Noone expects you to invest huge amounts of time into updating people who wait for this.
    But at least a monthly update with a few lines (e.g. "reached milestone X, all 3D assets completed" , "Translations into Klingon and simplified Chinese finally done") couldn't hurt anyone.

15. MrSpud

MrSpud Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2009
    Custom finishing carpenter
    Wasaga beach, Ontario, Canada
    Your post is from December 7th, you are referring to a month later, early January, it's now February 19th. Everything Ossian studio has said has been a lie, any reason why I should believe you now? Or are you once again going to blame the other guy saying that you need his permission to take a dump?

Get it together Ossian studio, people don't like being lied to, and you don't need to have a degree in marketing to know that. At this point no marketing would have been better than this mess of lies and deception.

16. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Will y'all stop bitching? They may be to busy to be on here geez when its out it will be out and when they wanna post they will

17. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Uhm, you just sound like a mix between Rhett Butler and Abraham Lincoln.

18. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    To be fair it takes about 30 seconds to go onto TA and update us, and a few minutes to upload a photo, nobody is "too busy to be on here".

19. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Um try a bunch like chillingo or other respected developers. But I wouldn't blame them for not coming here much all this thread is now is just pages and pages of bitching. Go play some games geez.

20. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^

I don't know why everyone keeps poking the dev's for updates. It will come out when it's done (or not at all). The iOS gaming community is very unique in that the dev's interact well with their potential buyers regularly, and (mostly) leading up to a game's launch. That being said, there's no rule that says they have to provide "x" amount of information to the forums on a specific basis. Hell, if you think this is rough, try getting some launch info from one of the big time developers (i.e. Capcom, Sega, etc). You'll be lucky to get a canned response, and that's about it. :)

I'm just as excited for this to release as the rest of you, but you just need to stop focusing so much on getting updates. It will happen when it happens. It's not like there's a dearth of quality iOS games to keep ya busy while ya wait. :D