Pokemon Just Got Vicious! Dragon Island Coming Soon!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Greyhoundgames, Nov 11, 2011.

1. wilflare

wilflare Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2011
    Singapore
    omg. haha there looks like a mutated pokeball and angrybird X)

2. lupaie

lupaie Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Update then please. But really try to include this. It was one of the aspects that kept me playing Viva Pinata. Look for inspiration there too :D

3. Greyhoundgames

Greyhoundgames Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2009
    The answer to the other question is 15 months now

4. lupaie

lupaie Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Okay, that is not all that long but I don't know the teamsize. Anyway, best of luck in the launchweek! I hope that you can include some of my wishes for ultra rare variants and wildcards.

I forgot to mention, in Viva Pinata some animals are only collectable as give aways from the creators. The variants you can get by feeding certain types of flowers, berries or other stuff. Only the colorscheme changes not the evolution.

5. ZigZaGame

ZigZaGame Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2010
    Earth
    team of five for this project.

6. lupaie

lupaie Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Wow that's impressive, thanks for the replies!

7. Greyhoundgames

Aug 5, 2009
    #247 Greyhoundgames, Jul 31, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
    There is a completion measure in the game. There is also a collection hut with quests to get all of a certain type of monster and then finally a quest to finish all of those collection quests so it will provide a nice challenge for you. If you finish all of those and get all the monster rewards from it, putting your completion to 100%, ill draw a monster of my own and give it to you haha :). Warning: My drawing skills are horrible.

8. lupaie

lupaie Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Haha! I'd +1 or 'like' that comment but there's no such thing. I'd love a custom monster creation mode lol,mjust kidding

9. ZigZaGame

Oct 25, 2010
    Earth
    Unhappy Bird

10. grenadedodger

grenadedodger Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    How's it coming along guys? This is now on my "check the appstore every day to see if it's out yet" list :)

11. Greyhoundgames

Aug 5, 2009
    We will release on a thursday, so you don't have to check every day :) I just cut your time effort by 85%!

12. kid15

kid15 New Member

Aug 3, 2012
    Just heard about this game, looking forward to purchasing it! Been waiting for a good Pokemon type game for a while.

13. ZigZaGame

Oct 25, 2010
    Earth
    Thanks! If I may ask, since you seem to be a new member at Ta, how did you find out about our game?

14. kid15

kid15 New Member

Aug 3, 2012
    #254 kid15, Aug 4, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
    I usually visit the main news page of TouchArcade every day, and I remember seeing this game on there a few weeks ago. I didn't hear anything about it so I Google news searched you guys and re-found that same article. So actually I didn't just hear about it, but just saw this thread, and once I got here I wanted to share my enthusiasm for the game! :D

15. Muz333

Muz333 Active Member

May 7, 2012
    Microbiologist.
    UK
    Looking forward to the release, I'll put it on my to-play list after I finish the Chaos Rings games that I bought last week.

16. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    Day one instabuy for me :)

17. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    For me too, and I am not a hugely obsessive pokemon fan either, I have skipped over every other poke-clone so far. Now it seems like at long last there are a few good quality ones coming down the pipes.

Cant wait for this!

+1 to rare variants / rare monsters

18. ZigZaGame

Oct 25, 2010
    Earth
    wow thanks! we are honored:)

19. lupaie

lupaie Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Doh....still waiting :( my vacation ending in a couple of weeks now was hoping to play this in those weeks but hey...lets just all hope its coming soon.

Another thing

1 we are all just waiting and so but the game has to be accorded first. Is there a chance that Apple rejects it? Or that it requests a name change? We had some trouble getting our app approved and had to change name.

2 If released now, what will the official name be? Just "Dragon Island Blue"?

3 Blue suggests that there will be a "red" too? Is it released at the same time?

20. Greyhoundgames

Aug 5, 2009
    We have had a preliminary version approved already so the reject risk is very low. Dragon Island Blue is the official name. We plan to have more if the game does well. Original game name expired because we took so long to make the game, thats why we decided to go with blue.

The game engine is extremely extendable so expect more content if demand is there.