Looking for OFFLINE games, pay once play forever

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Digital, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Digital

Digital New Member

Sep 26, 2016
    Hello all,

I'm heading off travelling for a couple of months and need a game (or 5) to take with me. There's a few long flights, extremely rural areas etc.. So they'll need to be offline games please and ideally something you can pay for once and you're not stuck in IAP hell trying to progress after a while.

Last time I was away for 3 months I went through both of the Lost Winds games, Card City Nights and both of the Battleheart games too. All of them were brilliant and had a decent amount of longevity.

Could anyone recommend a few games for this next trip please? That would be brilliant.

Thanks in advance

2. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    #2 ashmike3, Sep 26, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
    The Quest HD. KOTOR. XCOM. Heroes of Steel. Templar Battleforce. Crashlands. Get all 4 Socery games and play a character all the way through.

3. hrsta

hrsta Member

Mar 26, 2014
    Siralim 2, dragon quest VIII, every final fantasy

4. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Er, I can't think of a single online game I play...

I'd definitely second the recommendations for all the above, though you might fancy a break from all those strategy games and RPGs. You need a mix!

As a Battleheart fan, you can't go wrong with Titan Quest. Super solid ARPG.

For something a bit different, The School (White Day) has a lot to offer - but there's a big asset download at the start, so get that done before you travelling! It's a horror/puzzle game.

And for more of a change, Michael Brough's roguelikes 868-HACK and Imbroglio are super.

And get King Rabbit or Furdemption for 100+ levels of puzzle action!

5. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    *slaps forehead* Just forgot the most obvious game of them all: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. You could pretty much just get that. Some people put thousands of hours into it.

In fact, if you only take one game, get MHFU. It demands a commitment from the player to get good. If you're taking 20 games, you might not get as much out of it - unless you get hooked.

6. guttaperk

guttaperk Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    If you like Imbruglio, I can recommend Hoplite and Enyo.
    Super Cat
    Rules
    Out There.
    Wayward Souls.
    Downwell.
    Don't Starve.
    Leap of Fate.
    FTL.
    Pro Strategy Football.
    Dungeon of the Endless.

I CAN'T CHOOSE!

7. LifLip

LifLip New Member

Sep 26, 2016
  8. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I second MHFU. But you'll want a couple battery backups if you're going to play it for long periods. I definitely second all of the Dragon Quest games, especially VIII. The premium Final Fantasies are amazing too. I've mostly been playing IX and it's amazing how well done for mobile it is and how both it and DQ VIII can be played for long periods with a single charge.

I'm a big Football (Soccer) fan and really enjoy the Football Manager series, especially the mobile version.

Others I enjoy: Dust, Adventures of Mana, KOTOR, LEGO Star Wars & SW TFA, all of the other LEGO premium titles, any TellTale game as long as you download all episodes up front, Stellar Horizon, Nimian Legends: BrightRidge HD, Crashlands, Fahrenheit, Out There, and even though I haven't played it yet, Ember (seems to have tons of positive feedback).

9. Digital

Digital New Member

Sep 26, 2016
    Cheers for all the replies. I'll have a look through the suggestions tomorrow and give e a few of them a go over.

Don't worry about too many strategy and RPG, they tend to be what I play the most anyway (other than Hearthstone)
    You can generally plough 20 or more hours into a good RPG and not even realise it. That's perfect if I'm stuck on the wrong side of a tropical storm and stuck indoors for a day :)

10. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    #10 yankeeblue000, Sep 28, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
    Dust:AET
    Ember
    The Quest HD
    Heroki
    The Crypt of the Necrodancer
    Lumines
    Pizza vs Skeletons
    Broken Age
    Severed
    Transistor
    Bastion
    Lego games by Warner Bros
    Guild of Dungeoneering
    Oceanhorn..to name a few..lol There are so many

11. reinaldostamps

reinaldostamps New Member

Oct 6, 2016
    Overwatch, Battleborn, Counter Strike Global Offensive there are various interesting games you can play that provides you a world of challenges. If you are looking for buying latest games you can consider Instant Gaming and find out the updated version of your favorite game.