Battery-friendly games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by MrThreeCats, Mar 1, 2011.

1. MrThreeCats

MrThreeCats Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2011
    As the title says, can anybody list some good games that don't drain the battery quickly (and preferably allow me to listen to my music as well). I'm talking about games that barely drain the battery (heck, even Angry Birds can be a battery killer while listening to your music). I've found that games like Solitaire and Minesweeper and even cell-phone KRPGs (that I guess were meant to be battery friendly) hardly drain my battery at all, but can anyone list some other good games?

2. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Angry Birds is a battery killer for you?!

Consider getting your iPod checked...

3. MrThreeCats

Jan 16, 2011
    Not a battery killer, just something that drains it faster than I'd like it to. At the moment I have to recharge my iPod touch every other day, and I'd rather not do that. Especially if I'm going on a trip or something and I don't have access to a computer or power outlet.

4. Jack111

Jack111 Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Holland
    Games that us physics like angry birds or cover orange drain the battery faster than games without physics

5. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    Every other day! I charge mine twice a day.

6. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    Geodefense. the background is dark and you can play with zero brightness. Makes the battery last forever.

7. Gunlock

Gunlock Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2010
  8. TiltMyTouch

Jun 10, 2010
    While we're being losers, it's "THESE wonderful forums", not "this wonderful forums", you know.

9. Gunlock

Gunlock Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2010
    I posted this link to help the guy find the info he was looking for with one click. If you have a problem with my grammar mistakes (english is not my native language) than I really think you should get a good night sleep and chill out a bit.

10. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Take a chill pill. :cool:

11. TiltMyTouch

Jun 10, 2010
    I think you totally read my post the wrong way :\

12. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    NBA JAM is a batter killer. geoSpark is good

13. dyscode

dyscode Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Living
    World
    I played geoDefense, Imprisoned!, and I Dig It Expedition four hours until the battery gave up.

14. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    I get three hours of NBA JAM. I use cydia apps to restrict my battery. I also did what Apple said, to improve battery life

15. lacedolphin

lacedolphin Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Battery friendly games= nothing with action, 3D or IA, and there are things you can do and turn off that helps, plus make sure you have nothing running in the background. Turn off auto brightness and slide it way down that you can still see comfortably but is below half, turn off wifi if not using it, all notifications, location, airline of course, auto check on e-mail, and anything else you can that won't effect the game your playing. Card and dice games seem to be the best at battery saving while playing music.

You also could look into those battery extender things you plug into the battery port. I saw one at walmart for $50 but I'm sure you could find them cheaper on eBay. I also think there's some apps that are supposed to help but I don't know if they work or not.
    I bought a $15 all in one charger the plugs into the house and car outlet and came with a longer cord. That's probly the biggest complaint about all the idevices, but with what they run and can do, that's just kind of they way it is. Puzzle Quest 2 is probly my worst battery zapper game so stay away from that one. I usually charge 2-3 times a day depending on the game I'm into that day.

Hope that helps at least alittle!

16. MrThreeCats

Jan 16, 2011
    I thought that keeping auto-brightness ON was supposed to help the battery life. Can anyone confirm this?

I've already done most of those tweaks, but thanks anyways!

17. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Hmm... well I know that Bug Heroes REALLY drains the battery (at least for me), if that helps any...