Halfpipe Hero - arcade skateboarding

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by BitFreeGames, Dec 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BitFreeGames

BitFreeGames Active Member
    Patreon Indie

Nov 25, 2015
    Game Developer
    Canada
    #1 BitFreeGames, Dec 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
  2. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Oh this is soooooooo much fun

3. simon.natt

simon.natt Member

Jul 9, 2014
    See above
    Adelaide, Australia
    Californian Games was my favorite as a kid, looks great!!

4. KoalityGame

KoalityGame Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jun 3, 2015
    Game Developer
    Portland OR
    This looks awesome! Love the GIF sharing feature, really cool idea!

5. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    I agree. I love the option to share a Gif! I'm a total nerd for old school and skate boarding games. Especially like 720 from the arcades back in the 80's/90's

6. Jamesrooney27

Jamesrooney27 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    Male
    Uk
  7. BitFreeGames

BitFreeGames Active Member
    Patreon Indie

Nov 25, 2015
    Game Developer
    Canada
    James -- thanks, we've added you to TestFlight. We recommend just PM'ing us email addresses in the future to prevent spammers from finding your email, perhaps edit your post to delete it.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone!

8. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Ha ha I'm so going to email you cat gifs

9. Jamesrooney27

Jamesrooney27 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    Male
    Uk
    Can't wait for all the cat gifts :) and Yay I got test flight can't wait to play this :)

10. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Thanks for beta invite . Can't wait till I unlock everything . Fun game while you wait . I can see myself playing this for awhile. Would be cool if there were several tricks to unlock and throw in there but all in all very fun. Like to c all
    Locations and skaters

11. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    This game is awesome. It is a perfect quick play game.
    Is the current icon definite?
    I was wondering if you'd consider something like this, to capture that glorious hot pink 80s look and graffiti......

image.jpeg

12. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Looks entertaining!

13. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    #13 fabianb, Dec 5, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
    I love this game! (I also love longboarding so yeah... it's boarding!)

Found no bugs so far. It plays smooth. I actually have no idea how to improve the gameplay, it's solid already.

I actually have one suggestion. Separate the levels and the characters. So I can play with a character I like on a different level I also like. So I don't like the idea you are forced to play with 1 default character on a level.

The idea behind the cash is that you keep it and can show to others how much you earned? Because you don't need to pay to unlock things, just need the right amount of money. But I love it this way actually.

If I buy the ad removal iap now, will I keep it? Even after the final release or if I remove the game? Just to be sure :

And to all other players here... noooobs! I'm first on the highscore list with 181! Whooo!

EDIT: Hm maby I got another cool idea for you. It's a kind of multiplayer. You play against an apponent in several rounds. Not real time, more against ghost of the opponents playthrough.
    For example: there are 5 rounds. I play the first round and when I finish with that round, it's send to my opponent. He then also starts with round 1 and he also sees my ghost (but maby in the other direction so they don't mix up in the gameplay).
    When he finishes with round 1, he immediately plays round 2 and after that I need to play again.
    I hope it's clear, could be nice :).

EDIT 2: I Created some example screenshots for my multiplayer idea :). I hope you can create something like this devs, or maby in the future :).

NOTE: THESE SCREENS ARE JUST EXAMPLES, I'M NOT A DEV.

Attached Files:

14. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    #14 vectorarchitekt, Dec 5, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
    Some good ideas, man. I agree with the separating the players and levels. I "bought" the remove ads and stadium hero and it looked like the went through but doesn't work yet. I know the actual purchase isn't real yet but nothing changed, so I'm not sure if it is supposed to yet or not.
    I'm going to beat that score!

Any chance you could add a random level option so it cycles through the ones you've unlocked each play through?

15. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Yup, the iap add remover isn't working for me either. The popup says the purchase is successful, only the game doesn't recognize it.

Also my game center freezes since today. Seems to be an iOS 9.0 issue since a lot of people have it? Was working for months now..

16. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    Or, even the exact logo next to the name on the home screen would be a good icon too.
    This is one of my all time favorite quick-fix games. No bugs or issues yet..

17. hvianna

hvianna Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    #17 hvianna, Dec 6, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
    Thanks for the beta invite! I'm really enjoying the game, love the pixel art and the simple one touch controls!

Are the animated GIFs working already? I saved a couple of replays and then transferred the GIFs to my PC but they don't look right..

Edit: tried it on my iPhone and the GIFs look fine. It seems the problem is with the iPad only, probably a scaling/aspect ratio issue?

18. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Game is so sick!!!! So good, so spot on. Whatta treat this is, truly. *****easy.

19. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Liking that icon, VA, tasteful as hell to say the least.

20. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    Thanks! I hope the devs do too. I want to add this to my home screen but the current icon clashes terribly with the others. Silly thing, I know, but...
    The ads finally disappeared :)