Zenonia or Dungeon Hunter?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by dumbname, Nov 2, 2009.

?

Zenonia or Dungeon Hunter

1. Zenonia

24 vote(s)
    38.1%
  2. Dungeon Hunter

39 vote(s)
    61.9%
  1. dumbname

dumbname Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    title says all

2. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    They both good, if you want a long game with a lot of grinding to do go with Zenonia, if you want more action and flash go with Dungeon Hunter. I have both I like Dungeon Hunter a little better but Zenonia is a quality game.

3. EightySix

EightySix Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Zenonia is a far superior RPG with alot of depth.

4. IKnowHow2Fly

IKnowHow2Fly Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2009
    I just picked up Zenonia yesterday and have already logged 7 hours into it(got my wisdom teeth pulled, been in bed) and if Dungeon Hunter is better than Zenonia, then I'll have to dish out 7 bucks and pick it up! Will be following this thread.

5. Pug4Death

Pug4Death Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    #5 Pug4Death, Nov 2, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
    I'm sorry, but Dungeon Hunter was a DISASTER of MONUMENTAL proportions. I took it as an insult straight to the face. People will tell you to pick that rubbish up solely because it is 3 dimensional graphics, but let me tell you this, not only is the Art direction poor, but the entire gameplay system is flawed- from the limited environments to the terrible combat and incessant grinding. ( Zenonia had a much more organized and deeper perk/ level up system, that actually compelled you to grind).

So the bottom line is, that Dungeon Hunter is an overrated slop of a release that doesn't deserve such a price tag for such a mediocre package.

6. dumbname

dumbname Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    yes but Dungeon Hunter is more like Diablo, which really has me leaning towards it. but zenonia has a lot of depth as a hear. so this is why its a tough call.

7. Pug4Death

Apr 21, 2009
    I'm probably one of biggest Diablo fans out there, and this was still a very disappointing release that I took as a massive joke on Gameloft's part.

8. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    you say this about Dungeon Hunter?? "incessant grinding" is all Zenonia is. How hypocritical of you.

and even to compare the 2 is futile. they are completely different forms of RPGs.

9. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    I prefer Zenonia. Dungeon Hunter isn't really much imho, but it was fun while it lasted. :)

10. hapz

hapz Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2009
    i actually recommend both

zenonia has about 20 hours gameplay.. more or less.. movement = up/down/left/right
    interesting story line.. nice fight effects.. but very simple 2D, zelda, pokemon styled.. still very fun though. there are no achievements and the last boss is rather depressing.. you finish the game.. and it exits to the menu, when you log back in you are in front of the boss-room again... not much replay value rather than finishing the game with all 3 classes. more grinding in this one. it is great that you can choose the path of evil or good.. interesting concept, bosses and quests reflect your choice.

dungeon hunter is the best diablo clone to date.. you will love the graphics and p-pad multi-directional movement. also about 20 hours gameplay to finish with all 3 different characters.. about 4-6 hours each.. and achievements will make the game have abit of replay value.

in my opinion get both.. start with DH so you can have a short and sweet RPG experience.. then proceed onto zenonia for a more indepth RPG..

or if you want to be exposed the crappy graphics to begin with, get zenonia first. DH can be like your refreshing dessert after the large grind of zenonia.

11. BABYiCE

BABYiCE Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2009
    This is my 1st posting n I believe Zenonia to be a better game with more in-depth details n gameplay.

12. Emmafan87

Emmafan87 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2009
    I was always a hardcore diablo fan so i gotta give the edge to Dungeon Hunter... Beautiful graphics, solid controls, great gameplay and a lot of loot.

Don't get me wrong...Zenonia is insanely amazing as well, its a lot deeper and lasts longer than dungeon hunter by a long shot. The only thing i didnt like to much about zenonia was that sometimes the controls felt a little goofy...Might just be me though.

13. IKnowHow2Fly

Jul 31, 2009
    The controls do feel goofy in Zenonia, but they work. How long did DH take you to beat in 1 play? Not counting each class, just 1?

14. Emmafan87

Emmafan87 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Oh yea, the controls in Zenonia are not game breaking...They just took some getting used to.

As for DH time i cant really say for sure...i just played here and there at work on breaks...Id say around 5 hours....I also spent a good amount of time farming the complete Kings set for my warrior though...Its short but sweet...im a sucker for games that acually show the armor and weapons on your char.

15. IKnowHow2Fly

Jul 31, 2009
    Yeah, I also enjoy seeing my char with the euipped armor/weapons. Might pick up DH tonight, grinding at the moment on Zenonia but it isn't a pain like it normally is. And I heard DH has less grinding, so that won't hurt ;)

16. RoyalCanadian

RoyalCanadian Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    i played "zenonia" for about 2 seconds before i realized it was meant for a younger age group. dungeon hunter is a real game.

17. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    I thought Zenonia got boring real fast

18. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    thats the only thing you've ever said that i actually agree with

19. kingkong120

kingkong120 Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Haha all people are either for or against gamevil and gameloft, so their views tend to be biast towards the other. I know pug4death is definitely pro-gamevil and anti-gameloft, and many are the other way around. I'm actually open to all developers, whether they make clones of games (Gameloft) or great RPGs (Gamevil), and I can tell you that both are worthy purchases.

But if that doesn't answer your question, I would first recommend dungeon hunter, because it is quicker paced, and probably more appealing, especially with its visuals. Zenonia is an amazing experience, for me at least, and I actually like grinding to get better equipment. But if grinding isn't your thing, even if its for a purpose, I'd stay with Dungeon Hunter.

Both games have fairly linear gameplay, if you follow the main storyline, but you can deviate from each and try to max out levels. Dungeon Hunter has its own achievement system where you can try to reach certain goals, like obtaining 1 mil gold (for the hardcore fan).

Hope that helps.

20. Pug4Death

Apr 21, 2009
    What is a "real" game? A low-budget piece of filth with negatives in every aspect? Zenonia shines like a beacon amongst a sea of mediocrity. Since WHEN was it for kids? Since it has 2D graphics- when did graphics define gameplay? How idiotic of you- use your brain, the little of it you have, to make at least ONE sound and informal comment. Have you even played the game to it's fullest yet? Obviously NOT.