Price changes in all European AppStore's ?!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by sink_or_swim, Oct 25, 2012.

1. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    Some apps that cost 1.59€ are now in the AppStore for 1.79€. Seems like Apple will change the prices for apps.. anyone can confirm this for the US or a non european country?

2. I can't believe apple would go away from the 99 cent structure here in the US,but who knows. Everything here is 0.99 2.99 4.99 etc, for some reason, americans think that one penny saved is a big deal. Or maybe thats just what the big companies think cause it does look a little cheaper for just that one penny. After all, 99 cents looks a lot cheaper than one dollar. Haha

3. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    Most of the 0.79€ Apps in the German AppStore are now 0.89€. And for example a 7.99€ app is now 8.99€

4. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Same here in france.

5. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Seems like things are still hanging on at the $.99 mark (and ending in that for higher priced apps) here in the U.S. Wonder if the App Store here will follow the European ones? Strange to see a store-wide app increase if true.

6. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

I think it's more due to the fact that the Euro is not what it once was and that everything is compared to the U.S dollars (even if now we're losing money with this price hike). I don't see them changing anything there.

7. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    I wish puchases would end in even amounts, like 1 dollar or 5 dollars. I don't pay sales tax for itunes purchases, so I always end up with an odd amount in my account; never able to buy the 1 dollar more expensive app.

I bet games which sell iaps would love more flexibility as well. Apple would make a fortune (I hope Apple doesn't read this) if devs could sell inapp items or currency for a 25, 50 cents, etc.

8. I know, it is really weird seeing your itunes balance wittle away in one cent increments, one time I had like 88 cents left, and didn't want to go get another gc that night, and was hating life over 11 cents. Sounds kinda funny now.

Oh, see the Heman thread, got a question for you Greyskull.

9. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    List of countries with currency changes

"- Italy
    - Spain
    - Netherlands
    - Portugal
    - Greece
    - Poland
    - Germany
    - France
    - Belgium
    - Austria
    - Czech Republic
    - Denmark
    - Luxembourg
    - Hungary
    - Russia" -Macrumors

10. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

#10 Sanuku, Oct 26, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
    At least now I have even more reason to stay away from the European iTunes Store and keeping buying my Music, Movies, Games or Appz on the iTunes Store in the U.S & New Zealand.

US iTunes Store: €0,89 -> US $1,1522 - Current Price Tag: US $0,99

NZ iTunes Store: €0,89 -> NZ $1,407 - Current Price Tag: NZ $1,29​

As soon as someone is buying more then ten Appz a Month it`s already cheaper to buy those Games on the Appstore in the USA or like in my Case in New Zealand.

11. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

12. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Uh-oh... I see a colossal mob of price trolls in uproar...

I say: finally. The € got a bit weaker compared to the $, that's right, but moreover, devs getting a bit more money. Not much but at least a beginning.

13. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Where did you read that the Developer are getting more Money? I don`t believe they will even get one Cent more then currently.

14. krautboy

krautboy Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2011
    I don't think the percentage that apple takes increases with price changes,so unless that has changed devs will still get 70% and thus get a weeny bit more money.

15. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #15 Vovin, Oct 26, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2012

That's what I was about to say. And game prices are still ridiculous cheap.
    In Germany, for example, is the tax already included in the 0.89€.

16. Hercule

Hercule Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    in France Taxes are already included in 0.89€

17. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    No Finland?!?! :D That'd be awesome, sorry for rest tho

18. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Im glad I decided to use the US Appstore instead my countries' Appstore.

19. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I'm not worried by a slight increase, iOS games are generally SOOOO cheap anyway. If anything i think game prices should increase and let the devs get more money which 'hopefully' would mean more games for us.

20. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

It's important, and vital for bigger development companies.
    If they see that they can price their apps a bit higher... 8.99€ instead of 7.99€, they might jump on the iOS train. It's often a question about the tiniest bit more revenue.