Orions: Legend of Wizards - expansion for iPhone?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by NagaRoyalGuard, Jul 1, 2009.

1. NagaRoyalGuard

NagaRoyalGuard Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    #1 NagaRoyalGuard, Jul 1, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
    Orions 2 wilk come out soon

2. kmacleod

kmacleod Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    Artist / Writer / Designer
    California
    I love this game! Hopefully it'll get some updates to take advantage of all the new 3.0 features; they could sell the expansions as DLC.

If you think it'll help, here are the email addresses of the people involved at moregames:

http://imoregames.com/contacts.htm

3. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    I love Orions too. There was talk about adding online multiplayer which would elevate this game from one of my favourites to my hands down favourite, but MoreGames seem rather stubborn about updates. People have emailed in several times to ask them to add the PPC Expansions or ask them for Multiplayer, but they have always delayed. Maybe 3.0 with micro-transactions will prompt MG to improve the game if there's a financial incentive. I must say that despite the great products they produce, their support has been lousy and they seem rather oblivious to the concerns of their customers. A shame considering the great games they make.

4. NagaRoyalGuard

Jun 14, 2009
    I just sent e-mails to the Software Developer and the Manager from Moregames Entertainment. Hopefully they will join us and give us some good news!

5. NagaRoyalGuard

Jun 14, 2009
    #5 NagaRoyalGuard, Jul 2, 2009
    Deleted

6. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    I don't really like Campaign mode. It takes way too long, and getting stuck with a bad deck can be really frustrating. I'd like to see improvements to the text help and definitely want multiplayer for duel mode. I only whip Orions out for a quick duel now and then, but if there was online multiplayer with rankings and stuff, I'd play it 50x more. Multiplayer!!!

7. NagaRoyalGuard

Jun 14, 2009
    #7 NagaRoyalGuard, Jul 2, 2009
    Deleted

8. kmacleod

kmacleod Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    Artist / Writer / Designer
    California
    Some good suggestions there, but I'd be happy with something comparitively simple: just release the updates they've already made for ppc users, plus blutooth multiplayer. Hell, charge five bucks an update if it helps.

Also, if anyone from moregames is reading this thread: Azgard Defense kicks ass, I really hope the iPhone version wasn't cancelled!

9. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    I'd rather them focus on getting multiplayer. The single player doesn't interest me much.

10. NagaRoyalGuard

Jun 14, 2009
    #10 NagaRoyalGuard, Jul 2, 2009
    Deleted

11. wikoogle

wikoogle Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Online multiplayer would be like crack with this game. Of my 150 apps this is my favorite

12. MrDark

MrDark Well-Known Member

May 3, 2009
    Well, if you read the other discussion thread about Knights Onrush, you'll know they said they won't do any update on this game that they promise, so don't dreaming guys

13. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Online multiplayer and a goddamn screen orientation flip option are must haves for any update or sequel to Orions.

The latter, btw, should have been an option since the beginning.

14. jaguard

jaguard Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2009
    Hello guys.
    I'm the developer of the game and just wanted to say I'm following this thread carefully. So I'll explain a little about the Orions. The plans to work on updates and sequels are constantly being shifted because we don't see a demand of games like this on a platform. It's not a simple game, neither it's a casual game, it requires a lot of reading and understanding. Most of iphone/ipod users are for simple game with simple rules and no learning requirements. Orions is too "hardcore".

Unfortunately too, there's not gonna be any major improvements to the campaign gameplay - due to poorly designed game engine it's quite hard to make any changes to it right now.

We still have plans to release expansions, but that's about it. Multiplayer is a vague possibility right now - we believed we can add new OS 3.0 bluetooth multiplayer, but it turns out most of the people will be unable to use it, since it only works on ipod touches 2g and iphones 3g/3gs.

15. MrDark

MrDark Well-Known Member

May 3, 2009
    see told u, expand pack? Wait for 4G SS like 2010 :)

16. wikoogle

Jun 10, 2009
    This really is the best game on the iPhone IMHO. I just think more sites need to review it. If u can just plz plz incorporate online multiplayer, I think it would sell tons by word of mouth alone.

This happened w FAST. That's a solid game w online multiplayer so everyone who has it has been raving about that game on online forums and ESP w their friends so they get more players online and the can play w their friends online. And that game made the top10 sales app list as a result.

Hardcore games do sell on the iPhone. And w online play Ill have strong incentive to both get them to buy the game and teach them how to play it. Hell I would offer to pay them the $5 to buy the game bc I want to play against them so badly.

17. wikoogle

Jun 10, 2009
    #17 wikoogle, Jul 2, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2009
    Ps the game is not hard to learn. I bought it on impulse when someone raved about the game on a MTG forum and it took me about an hour to learn. gameplay is similar enough to mtg that's it's a cakewalk to learn. There's a huge overlap btwn iPhone owners and mtg players and w online play you'll get me pimping your game on mtg forums and at card shops as well. I would even start my own Orions team/guild or something giving them the $5 (the price of just one magic card) to buy the game if neccesary if stat tracking is an option.

18. wikoogle

Jun 10, 2009
    Just doing a quick check on the mirc chat room for mtg it's truly sad how many mtg players w iPhones want a ccg on it and have never heard of orions. If I knew you guys will update ur game w online play and more cards I would telling everyone in that chatroom about your game and would be telling them to get it so we can have more players online

19. fenrir911

fenrir911 Well-Known Member

May 30, 2009
    one of my more fave games, while not the top it is #1 until doom classic comes out. i love this game and would love to see expansions come out

20. wikoogle

Jun 10, 2009
    I would much much rather have online play than expansions.

Though getting both would be ideal, even if the expansions + online costs another $5, I would HAPPILY buy it on day one.

With online play, I would get all my friends to do the same so that we could form up a guild of sorts and play online.

I would also advertize this game on MTG forums mirc chat rooms and anytime I play against people on magic workstation and tell them to get this game if they have an iphone because it's awesome.

But only if it has onine play. With online play, I have an incentive to get as many people to own the game as possible (so that I can always find an opponent to play against).