Long Games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Password, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Password

Password Member

Jun 6, 2009
    A lot of the games in the Itunes Store are pick up and play games, or have a really good idea that gets old after a decent play through. What I want is a game that doesn't get old, is decently long, and perhaps has decent replayability, but, most importantly, has a long campaign. Most of the games I've played rely on multiplayer, are just pick and play games, or have repetitive campaigns. I found Sandstorm to have an excellent campaign, and both GeoDefenses to have good campaigns. However, games like Aera and Samurai kind of disapppointed me with their short campaigns, but hopefully they're will be updates that bring me back to both soon enough. Meanwhile, though, what's a decently priced game with a long campaign/levels?

2. upsidedown

upsidedown Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
  3. DannyV

DannyV Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Graphic Designer
    What have you already played?

4. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    Defender Chronicles (returning soon to the store) has LOOONG game play. The campaign keeps growing with updates, but in addition, you're expected to replay levels at higher difficulties to acquire new skills/goodies. It's a tower defense game technically, but very unique, with RPG elements.

5. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

try alive for ever, car jack streets, inkvaders and gangstar west coast hustle

6. Gryphon23

Gryphon23 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    McDonalds! French Fries anyone?
    At that place... with those... people...
    I beat DF chronicles in an hour on easy, an hour and 15 minutes on medium.

7. Ajg3

Ajg3 Well-Known Member

May 24, 2009
    Lala Land
    Any td games

8. Michelangelo

Michelangelo Well-Known Member

You prolly have it already, but zenonia was a long lasting game I enjoyed

9. Videotape

Videotape Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    student, journeyman
    pallet town
    this if u have a taste for 2d rpgs, its well made.

10. Password

Password Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Yeah I played Zenonia, and it was fun, up until the last section, I guess, at which point I finally got bored of the grinding and stopped playing. A lot of TD games have long gameplay, but only because the levels are ridiculously long and most get boring after a while, which makes me love geoDefense for its many short levels.

Long campaigns are a lot better than games that use the same mechanic with random maps, "endless" or "Survival" modes, or whatever (i.e Galcon, minigore, blahhhhhhhhh) because I find long campaigns to be much more varied in gameplay throughout its levels (i.e. Starhogs, geoDefense) Frequent updates are nice too, but Pocket God doesn't really cut it for me

11. darkhorse

darkhorse Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Try Puzzlequest.

12. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Dungeon Hunter
    Zenonia
    Car Jack Streets (it's free this weekend)

13. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    Myst can last a really long time. If you know exactly what to do you can beat it in less than three minutes, but if you don't know and don't resort to reading walkthroughs (which ruins the whole game) then it'll take you forever to figure everything out.