What are the best card strategy games on iPhone?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Hcrib, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Hcrib

Hcrib Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Surrey
    My new year's resolution is to try different types of games than I would normally play (puzzle, arcade, strategy, sim) so that I can broaden my experience of gaming and knowing that there must be some gems out there waiting for me to relinquish my hard £.

I love playing card games in the real world so I thought I'd find out what is worth downloading. Please TA forum people, tell me what I need to download and why?

2. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Slim pickins lemme tell you.

Right now Orions is your best game, and it is truely awesome.

A game coming up sometime soon (not sure exactly when) should be pretty awesome, and it's called Shadow Era. Supposed to be very MtG like, but pretty unique in it's own ways. But yeah, you're not going to find many card games.

If those are the type of games you are looking for. You mean like MtG (Magic the Gathering) and shit like that right?>

3. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
  4. Hcrib

Hcrib Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Surrey
    yeah that's perfect. i have tried Orions but understanding the card strategy is challenging. More perseverance needed and less bugs as it freezes sometimes on my 2nd gen Touch. Thanks for the advice.

5. Hcrib

Hcrib Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Surrey
  6. ZugZug

ZugZug Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2011
    #6 ZugZug, Jan 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
    I've been playing Stack & Deploy (realtime ccg) and Soul Card Master to pass the time before Orions 2 is released. Fun times.

7. Hcrib

Hcrib Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Surrey

I like the retro space theme in Stack and Deploy but I reckon SCM master is the one for me, and a lite version too :))

8. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    sword and poker

9. Hcrib

Hcrib Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Surrey
    Weird it said available in US store (im in UK) and then wasnt available there anyway :(

10. stich

stich Member

Jan 16, 2011
    I like it too.

11. NaughtHere

NaughtHere Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Has anyone tried Infinite Battles? They're supposedly releasing a free version soon.

12. drach

drach Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    I agree with Sword and Poker. I also enjoyed Strongholds. I played that one quite a bit.

13. Nullroar

Nullroar Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Software Rep, Rhyme Guru, Game Editor
    Munich
    I was lucky enough to snag sword and poker 1 (and 2 when it came out) from the US app store while I was in Korea. It seems that they removed it from the appstore for some reason, though. Hope it returns quickly - it's an absolutely fantastic game that more people should know about.

Other than S&P 1 and 2, Orions is a great game, marred only by how much greater it *could* have been. It really feels like you are still playing the beta, it's so buggy. Still, if/when it drops to $.99, it's worth the snag at the price point, bugs and all.

Shadow Era should still be playable at shadowera.com/beta if you'd like to try it on the comp. It looks fantastic.

Orions 2 is coming up and looks great, although Pav has been quiet on the multiplayer and we don't know how buggy it will be.

Isn't there also an H.P. Lovecraft / Cthulhu card game? Has anyone tried it?

14. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Sword & Poker 2 - you wont regret it.

15. Drakeer Melkhor

Drakeer Melkhor Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Freelance
    Spain
    The best game right now should be Battleline from Knizia, but Orions 2 will be the one.

16. Zallman

Zallman Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Observer
    Alaska
    Played Sword and Poker 1 & 2 and have to say that although they may not be what the OP was looking for, they definitely have the charm and fun factor. And I was compelled to finish them both.

Odd that they are not available right now, I would definitely keep my eyes open for them.

17. Bakumens

Bakumens Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Some sports games will fine.

18. amn624

amn624 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    publisher
    Nassau County, NY
    Best card games

While the Sword & Poker campaign was fun and Battlelines is certainly worth the bucks, the most fun I have had was with Orions. I am now beta testing Orions 2 and I can tell you it will be hands down by far the best card game ever in the app store. Look for it soon.

:D

19. Tichu would be mine. Soon to include online multiplayer too. Has some deep strategy.

20. acrotran

acrotran Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010