Baseball Slugger Win Point Contest

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by com2us, Jul 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. com2us

com2us Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    #1 com2us, Jul 3, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2009
    [​IMG]

Contest Details

- Have your hard work pay off with Baseball Slugger’s Win Point Contest!
    - To Enter: Send us an E-mail to [email protected] or Reply to this Post with your Slugger’s nickname and your e-mail address
    - At the beginning of the contest (July 10th) we will keep a record of your Total Win Points
    - At the end of the contest (July 17th) we will calculate the total INCREASE in Win Points during the contest duration
    - The Top three winners will be e-mailed an iTUNES GIFT CARD
    - We will announce all contestants and their Win Points at the beginning of the contest and announce the three winners at the end of the contest
    - First prize will win $30, Second prize will win $20, and Third prize will win $10 in iTunes Gift Cards

2. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    That's a great contest!

Unfortunately my rank is already pretty high (200) so unless some of the really high ranked people come on I won't be moving up very much.

BUT I will make an effort to play as much as I can during that week to help out the other players interested in this

Beat me and you get around 22 points depending on your rank.

ID = VeganTnT

Good Luck Everyone!

3. com2us

com2us Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Thanks for being the first to join VeganTnT!

For future reference, please use the following template:

ID: Booya
    E-mail: [email protected]

4. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    #4 rIcHrAnDoM, Jul 3, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2009
    Agreed, awesome contest! Awesome game for that matter.

I'm similar to Vegan, I already have decently high ranking and for at least the past week my win point avg is steady around 1295 or so, so I doubt I need to enter.

I'm suprised I've not matched up with you vegan, I'll probably add you later if that's cool? One of our achievements involves how many rivals are added! Baseball Sluggers rocks!

Slugger ID: Rich952000

5. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Double post.

6. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator

Jul 19, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    Go for it! I never mind a challenge. I'm usually on at this time playing against the european and japanese players, haha

Also, going for the rival achievements is one of the first things you should do. If you ever delete your game (shame on you) then when you reinstall and sign on to the Matchup mode you will still have your rival list! so you automatically get the points for both of those achievements

7. 'Jeep

'Jeep Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    U.K.
    Vegan, Rich, is this game worth it for someone who grew up in countries where Baseball is seen as the place where you go and eat hotdogs and wear a cap with beer holders?

I only once went to a game watching the Angels in Anaheim, and it wasn't the best advert for thegame! :D:D

I'm tempted, but not so sure what's in store...

8. Sainter

Sainter Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
  9. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Oh, it's definately worth it, what is it $2.99? This has been my #1 addiction for my free moments of gaming since it was released. I'm no baseball fanatic, I'm more the American NFL type person myself, but with Baseball Sluggers it's about the head to head competition of just back to back swinging and the game has so many achievements that award "gold balls" to buy better equipment, clothes etc.

One side note is Com2us seem to have really damn good servers because at times when games such as DinoSmash Online are lagging/disconnecting for me, BS is running aces!

10. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator

Jul 19, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    My girlfriend HATES baseball with a passion. Though I like playing baseball videogames I think the sport is pretty boring to watch

We both LOVE Baseball Slugger.

It's more a causal arcade game than a true portrayal of the game.

P.S. I was at the apple store and the guy helping me asked what was my favorite game and I said this game and told him about the controls... he stopped helping me, pulled out his phone and bought it! hahaha

11. 'Jeep

'Jeep Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    U.K.
    Thanks lads! I knew I was probably missing out on something, seems it was just more than I thought. I'll let you know how I get on! (You guys are now just as much a spending threat as Albie... will soon have to avoid your posts! :D )

12. Nightbringer0000

May 16, 2009
    For some reason i cant get online mode to play on my touch on wifi ..wifi is on just cant get it to go thru any suggestions?

13. com2us

com2us Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Actually, the rank does not directly effect how much Win Points you gain for each win. It depends on the difference in Win Points between you and your opponent.

14. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Enjoy, let us know what you think; if you can pull yourself away that is:)

15. kzgreg

kzgreg Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
  16. drswisher23

drswisher23 Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
  17. Bruno

Bruno Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Capital Markets
    Boston
    Booya,

We played against a few times.

Let ask you: is that possible to recover my guy from my old device?

I already have a new slugger, but I bought, in my opinion, the wrong gear.

Anyway, I'd like to join the contest.

ID: Brunocm
    email: [email protected]

This is the best game of Appstore.

I have a lot of suggestions. If you want talk about it, please email me.

Cheers

18. moviecouple

moviecouple Member

Jun 19, 2009
    I consider myself an avid gamer and full supporter of the iPhone since day 1. Baseball Slugger is the first game that I cannot put down. That is even over its big brother counterparts such as The Conduit (Wii), Resident Evil 5 (PS3) and the beta of Left 4 Dead 2 (360). So I think that is saying a lot for the game and com2us.

I will be playing and love the idea of the contest. Maybe other than the top 3 winners... they might dole out some gold ball points too???

On a side note. I hope in the future we might see some more modes. Such as Base hits mode (1st/2nd/3rd base depending on how far it is hit) instead of just Arcade and Classic modes. Weather effects would be nice. Auto changing time of day depending on how long you have been playing. Lastly, more stadiums. Just some ideas for the future.

19. roostersully

roostersully Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
  20. Spiral75

Spiral75 Well-Known Member

Woohoo!! This game is turning out to be my favorite of all time!

Slugger name = Hypnotik
    email = [email protected]