Movies

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Brazilian Rider, May 17, 2010.

1. yeh, I've seen that one. Pretty good film. Agree about BHD, although I quite enjoyed it.

In terms of trailers, I'm a bit undecided as to whether to go to see Iron Man 3 when it comes out.

2. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Why not? The trailer for Iron Man 3 looked pretty dang awesome to me.

3. KennyK

KennyK Well-Known Member

Yep it did look pretty awesome. Those are the sort of films I watch regardless of their score/rating.

4. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Yup, especially if it's Marvel Studios, all their films have been quality so far!

Edit: Also, I'm looking forward to the sequels to Thor and Captain America, I just hope they update Cap's helmet from the way it was in Avengers. That thing looked ridiculous! :p

5. Not sure. I love Sci-fi. IM1 was very good, IM2 was good. When I saw the trailer, usually I get a feeling, yep .... going to see that one. Just felt totally indifferent about it. How new is the story going to be?

The one that did look interesting was the Alfred Hitchcock making Psycho film.

6. Agree with this, they've really got there act together with the films and consistently good.

7. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Well, from what I gathered from the trailer, the story will be pretty different from the past IM films. He's kind of a changed character ever since what happened in the Avengers, then it looks as if everything he has (his different suits, etc) is taken away from him, and he has to start again from scratch, much like the beginning of IM1.

And yeah, that Hitchcock movie does look cool. I usually enjoy Anthony Hopkins' films so I wanna see this one.

Yeah, they really do. I can't wait to see what they do with these upcoming movies, and future movies!

In other news, I just saw Dog Day Afternoon starring Al Pacino. Interesting film.

8. Pman

Pman Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Texas
    Just saw the new Lincoln movie. It is very good! Follows history to the point, with good actors!

9. Som yung gai

Som yung gai Well-Known Member

I watched that movie too. Looks like political trash talk has gotten a LOT more civilized :)

10. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    FINALLY heading back to the theaters tomorrow. It's been quite a while. Very excited for Wreck-It Ralph and Skyfall. Looks like Lincoln and Life of Pi will have to wait.

11. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Saw Despicable Me last night. Definitely enjoyable, more so than I thought seeing as it's a non-Pixar cartoon. Would definitely recommend for a family movie night or just a fairly amusing comedy.

12. Jacob007

Jacob007 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    Wheres all the Breaking Dawn Pt2 rants?

13. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    I've been wanting to see that one. Need to grab it some day.

14. Went to the movies the other day, saw twilight, red dawn, and skyfall. All were good.

Twilight was awesome though, much better than I would have thought. It reminded me of an xmen movie.

Skyfall was good as expected.

Red dawn was kind of unrealistic but ok.

Pretty good day for movies. Wanted to see iron fists but the timing of movies didn't work out.

15. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Ended up only seeing Skyfall. Daniel Craig was damn good. He sure is old now though. Been a few long years since I saw Quantum of Solace in theaters. Quite a few plotholes, but the screenplay and acting were definitely up there.

16. KennyK

KennyK Well-Known Member

Saw SALT last night. Pretty good action flick, and Jolie looks good as ever :p

17. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Saw the 1992 Last of the Mohicans last night. Man, great movie, awesome soundtrack. I dunno why I had never seen it until now.

Also saw Peter Jackson's King Kong. Another great one, really liked it. Pretty sure I'm in love with Naomi Watts. :p

18. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Both of those I've been meaning to see for a while.

19. Yeah, both are good. Well worth watching.

Twilight breaking dawn was much better than I thought this week. Really felt more like an xmen film rather than a vampire werewolf movie. Wasn't really a fan of the series that much, but this latest movie is pretty awesome, I recommend to see this, it is much better than it's rep.

20. Pman

Pman Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Texas
    I know I also so this, and he did looked more aged this past movie. Man but what a great movie. Ending is kind of sad, but it's whatever.