Playstation Vita Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Haruhi, Dec 12, 2011.

1. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    From what I'm seeing on the InterNetz, we'll be seeing increased PSP compatibility next Tues. Im hoping Artic Edge, Resistance, age of zombies, and cannabalt all get compatibility. Id also like Socom 3, but thats also gonna need a price drop along with Ace Combat, Tekken, and Soul Calibur.

2. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Yep, I've been reading the same about an update coming on the 15th. I'm hoping Fat Princess and PixelJunk Monsters(game I saw the news about the update) will become compatible.

3. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    There should be a folder for the content manager in your documents called 'PS Vita'. Inside of that folder there should be a folder named 'PSAVEDATA' which has a folder inside of it with a random name. The PSP saves go in there.
    The directory: Libraries>Documents>PS Vita>PSAVEDATA>xxxxxxxx>

Dylan Cuthbert said that PixelJunk Monsters would work on the 15th, so I don't see any reason not to believe him.

4. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    #1704 S.I.D. CrAzY, May 10, 2012
    Last edited: May 10, 2012
    Yeah I know, but he also said an update would come in April that added compatibility. Soooo...*crosses fingers*

5. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    New details and a whole bunch of new screenshots for Soul Sacrifice have been revealed. For those of you who were hoping this was going to be Demon's Souls/Dark Souls related, you'll be disappointed (possibly).

Development is being handled by Marvelous AQL, and Keiji Inafune is working on it- so it has to be good right? I think it's being published by Sony.

Looks pretty interesting so far

Screenshots and more info: http://www.famitsu.com/news/201205/10014403.html

6. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    It does look interesting, I'll be keeping my eye on it...

[​IMG]

;)

Seriously though, it does look promising.
    [​IMG]

7. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

If thats in game footage im amazed and its a must buy lol ;)

On a different topic, any of you getting Nova 3? Icant help but wish this kinda game came out on Vita-its screaming dual analogues! Lol but my guess is it would x 10 in price if it did :(

Oh well not long until Resistance :)

8. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    The Screen shots have me more convinced it's a monster hunter style game, there are quite a few where there seem to be a few players working together to fight something huge.

Still wildly guessing but that's how it looks to me.

9. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Funny your saying that about nova 3. Wouldn't be surprised if it ever makes it onto the vita because the first one is a mini

10. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

Really? How much? Never look at the minis, but if it does arrive as a mini it wont be until another year lol

11. LucianOrb

LucianOrb Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Brazil
    They should be releasing LBP by now, not starting a needless beta. Not that I haven't enlisted too, but, whatever.

12. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

NOVA 3 pretty much shows why games should have been betatested...

13. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

With the scope of LBP games, I'm glad they are doing beta testing like this. I so want this to be everything LBP2 was and then some. LBP was one of my primary reasons for getting a VITA and sold me on it.

Forgive me friends for I have sinned. I bought an iOS game last night and am not proud of it. I've been a fan of the NOVA series and caved when I saw it. It's darn cheesy so far, but that's okay. This will only get me more pumped for Resistance!

14. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    #1715 Madman100, May 10, 2012
    For those interested in knowing more about Soul Sacrifice. Unfortunately it isn't in the same lineage as the "Souls" games but they share common producers which would explain the similarities. I saw a more complete teaser earlier, I'll see if I can dig it up from my history.

@ Microbyte, haha I almost bought NOVA 3 out of impulse but couldn't bother playing it on my iPod. I'll have to hope GL will port it over for a fair price with updated visuals, otherwise I'd bid the series farewell. And Resistance coming up woohoo. Been dying for some competitive MP on Vita.

@Haruhi, I have no idea how you found that but wow thanks for sharing. Apparently I may have to check in here more often.

EDIT: here's the trailer, uploaded by PlayStationJP

15. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

#1716 MicroByte, May 10, 2012
    Well, been playing NOVA 3 for about the last hour and while the game is okay, the magic I used to feel with iOS games is gone. I so wish we get games like this on the Vita once the PS Suite is opened. The controls are fine for touch, but I'm now spoiled by dual analogue controls.

Again, this will make me only appreciate Resistance once it comes out. Can't wait to get online with you guys, it will be a blast!

*EDIT*

On another note, I've been reading through the NOVA3 thread and it brought to mind another big reason I got so tired of the iOS scene. Every other post is about how the game runs on device X and how the framerate chugs on my iPhone 4 or I rebooted and it's great. I got so tired of the fact that the devices were different spec wise that games sometimes worked great while not so much for others. I felt the same way about PC gaming and got tired of all the upgrading and tweaks, I just want to play games as they are meant to be played and not worried about what device I have or whether I have too many icons on my screen (IBII, I'm looking at you *GRRRR*)

16. HardcoreEricXXX

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    I appreciate that. Thanks a lot. I just wasn't about to redo Peace Walker, I put way too much time into that game, and still haven't finished.

17. HardcoreEricXXX

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    I'm gonna need to change my underwear with all of these sick gameplay vids.

18. Shankopotamus

Shankopotamus Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Yep, this is exactly why I bought the Vita.