help needed! scripts for "bump & jump" type physics (Unity3D)

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by headcaseGames, May 12, 2012.

1. headcaseGames

headcaseGames Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Mobile Game Developer
    Hollywood, CA
    Hi all, making a top-down racer much like this one where you steer a car, and can jump (crash down on top of other cars, etc). Whereas the one shown is 2D sprites, ours is 3D (Unity Engine) and involves a bit of physics. I am not the tech guy but I am supporting the coder; could someone point me in a good place to start looking for the type of tools we'd need to download (free or purchase) and adapt for this specific purpose?

Essentially, trying to keep it light (not very physics-heavy) but of course it does need to run in 3D and it does need to do what it will do (driving, bumping, jumping) properly. Thanks for your help!

I posted this link in unity forum as well (scripting section) as well, but I figured it would probably be at least as useful to ask on this forum as well.

2. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking for. Send me a pm and I may be able to help (I may not see this thread again)

3. headcaseGames

headcaseGames Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Mobile Game Developer
    Hollywood, CA
    PM'd, thank you!

4. LiamAtDevour

LiamAtDevour Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Co-founder/Programmer at Devour Games
    Brisbane, Australia.
    Unity has everything you need built in. The only other tools you'd need are the art asset creation tools, like blender or 3DS max, etc.