Game not available in my country?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by DarkNova, May 27, 2013.

1. DarkNova

DarkNova New Member

May 27, 2013
    #1 DarkNova, May 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2013
    How do I get a game if its not in my country? Other than jail breaking it is there a way?

2. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Create an account in the country it's available in.

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I've been tempted in the past but i presume its a hassle if there are updates and you have to keep logging in and out of say your Canada/NZ/US account etc

There are games i really really want but a week or two of patience is fine for me, i'm not that desperate to get my hands on a game a few days or a week earlier. Just wait !

4. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    There are instances of games just not being on certain stores. <---Yes, full stop. All of id Software's paid titles, for example, aren't on the Lebanese store. Until recently, Warner Bros. wasn't on our store either. That said, as soon as Bastion was released on the Leb store, I insta-deleted my US version and bought it again. It is a hassle maintaining different accounts in the end.

If getting certain games means that much to you, your best option is to create a US account and buy giftcards that can be mailed to you online.

5. nemerleb

nemerleb Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2013
    A fellow Lebanese here on TA? Cool! The Lebanese store has surprisingly all of the games available on other stores (except for like 2-3 games).
    But my gripe is the slow evolution of the book/movies sections. Still has a loooong way to go to offer a decent amount of offerings....

PS: Bastion was the first game I didin't find on iTunes so bought it on Steam. If it weren't for you now, I wouldn't have known it's available! Huge thanks!

6. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Bloody hell, I've seen you a bunch around here, read "nemer" a whole bunch of times and wondered if you're an Arab, but could never make the connection between the name and "leb". >_>

Yeah, there are definitely some major improvements on our store compared to back in the day, but it still pales in comparison to others. The metal selection on iTunes in particular is quite dire, with some odd omissions and equally odd, yet hilarious inclusions such as Deicide's "To Hell With God". Seriously? All this anti-satanic bull we put up with and that's an album just one click away from being ours?

7. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Actually once the game is on your device updates will synch even if you are in a different store than the game was purchased in. I acquired a UK gift card so created an account and downloaded Elder Scrolls and have since installed updates from my US account never again logging in to the UK store.

8. Biggavelli

Biggavelli Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Boston,MA
    I'll use Canadian as a example ...

This has been explained elsewhere on TA multiple times, but the gist of it is: no, creating a Canadian account does not affect your current account, and you do not need a Canadian credit card to download free games. What you do need, however is:

1) a different email address than the one on your main account (you can create one on gmail, yahoo, or wherever

2) any Canadian snail-mail address (look for one online)

From your computer, open iTunes and logout of your current account. Switch to the Canadian store and find the game you want to download. When you hit "Free" you will be asked to either sign-in or create a new account. Choose new account and follow the instructions. Choose to skip the payment method, but enter everything else. Once the account is created, go to your device and change the iTunes account in the Settings app. Go ahead and download the game. When you are done, switch back to your regular iTunes account on your device. That's it.