Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-26-2013, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by binstream View Post
Update 1.42 has fixed the iPhone 5S issue, it's live now on AppStore - please update.

Sorry one more time for the inconvenience caused.
That fix and update was done in record time, it's good to see developers who handle a problem that quickly.
Old 10-26-2013, 01:12 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by binstream View Post
Update 1.42 has fixed the iPhone 5S issue, it's live now on AppStore - please update.

Sorry one more time for the inconvenience caused.
Great customer service/support by the developer. The game is just release and you release your fix really quickly. I will definitely buy your game again on day one.
Old 10-26-2013, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baracus View Post
I've played a few missions now on ipad, and played further a year or so ago on Mac. It is the same game so you could read any number of reviews from Google about the actual gameplay but in a nutshell:-

It's a story driven campaign with voice acted cut scenes (not the best voice acting!) and the first missions act as a kind of tutorial introducing the different aspects.

Main important decisions you make in gameplay later on are what to research (in what order) and then using those things you research at the right place and time to benefit you for example there is a skill that demoralises the tower you fire it near so you take less damage and enemies are weaker temporarily. So it's timing those to fire when your fleet arrives (which takes time, so you need to coordinate when you send them if sending from two different points, to arrive at the same-ish time).

Each tower you take over eother gives you oil (to build gun reinforcements) or a specific kind of ship. S you need to decide what order you need things in and what to protect, and how much of your resources to commit to building the guns, or just move on to the next tower.

There is a unit cap, so you cannot just leave units everywhere.

Moving fleets around is just like Galcon. You can choose the % to send (25 / 50 / 100% I think are the options) and just drag from tower to tower. You can do that on the mini map as well so you can quickly call reinforcements wit out changing views. You can also deselect certain unit types to only send Boats or whatever. Thin, there are 4 or 5 units you can build and upgrade through research.

Then on each tower you can zoom in and place guns, and upgrade them, which cost oil. And it all ties to the tech tree which opens up as you progress the campaign.

Some maps you can get flying things to go over mountains or through mine fields.

Later in the game it becomes a bit of a tug of war / chase around the map unless you use all your tricks to turn it in your favour. But that's where the skill and learning of the game comes in, so there is a lot more to it than Galon but very similar overall... Just more options and unit types etc.

It is not a full RTS (in the sense you cannot choose where your units actually go specifically, just which tower to circle next) but it does fit the platform well - better than desktops for sure.

There is quick game skirmish too, with 15 maps of different sizes.

The buttons on ipad are too big - GUI could be better, but I guess they used same proportions on iPhones where it probably works OK.
Spot on review, I actually bought this a few hours ago based on this review and the developer's strong support. Not to mention this is the kind of game that floats my boat. It runs great on my iPhone 5, and seems to be (so far) a nice little strategy game. Nothing too deep (Galcon is an obvious influence) and the map view is a little bland, but still worth the 5 bucks and still a lot of fun.
Old 10-26-2013, 04:59 AM

Its great to see developers who are on the ball. It now works on my 5s, Thank You.

Last edited by FIFTHSUN2012; 10-26-2013 at 05:09 AM..
Old 10-26-2013, 07:07 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

Will multiplayer be offered in the future?
Old 10-26-2013, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savant View Post
Will multiplayer be offered in the future?
It depends on the current sales of the game.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:07 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baracus View Post
I've played a few missions now on ipad, and played further a year or so ago on Mac. It is the same game so you could read any number of reviews from Google about the actual gameplay but in a nutshell:-

It's a story driven campaign with voice acted cut scenes (not the best voice acting!) and the first missions act as a kind of tutorial introducing the different aspects.

Main important decisions you make in gameplay later on are what to research (in what order) and then using those things you research at the right place and time to benefit you for example there is a skill that demoralises the tower you fire it near so you take less damage and enemies are weaker temporarily. So it's timing those to fire when your fleet arrives (which takes time, so you need to coordinate when you send them if sending from two different points, to arrive at the same-ish time).

Each tower you take over eother gives you oil (to build gun reinforcements) or a specific kind of ship. S you need to decide what order you need things in and what to protect, and how much of your resources to commit to building the guns, or just move on to the next tower.

There is a unit cap, so you cannot just leave units everywhere.

Moving fleets around is just like Galcon. You can choose the % to send (25 / 50 / 100% I think are the options) and just drag from tower to tower. You can do that on the mini map as well so you can quickly call reinforcements wit out changing views. You can also deselect certain unit types to only send Boats or whatever. Thin, there are 4 or 5 units you can build and upgrade through research.

Then on each tower you can zoom in and place guns, and upgrade them, which cost oil. And it all ties to the tech tree which opens up as you progress the campaign.

Some maps you can get flying things to go over mountains or through mine fields.

Later in the game it becomes a bit of a tug of war / chase around the map unless you use all your tricks to turn it in your favour. But that's where the skill and learning of the game comes in, so there is a lot more to it than Galon but very similar overall... Just more options and unit types etc.

It is not a full RTS (in the sense you cannot choose where your units actually go specifically, just which tower to circle next) but it does fit the platform well - better than desktops for sure.

There is quick game skirmish too, with 15 maps of different sizes.

The buttons on ipad are too big - GUI could be better, but I guess they used same proportions on iPhones where it probably works OK.
Thank you so very much for your thorough post/overview. This really helps me understand what I may be getting into which is always appreciated! I believe I will take the plunge on this as I am a fan of RTS games.
Old 11-02-2013, 05:26 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Not a bad game...
Though u can't select a single unit... Unlike the typical RTS..
But it's gameplay is fun and interesting...
Graphics are okay...
Rating 4.2/5
Old 11-02-2013, 07:30 PM

This is a great strategy game with really good graphics. It's the best one on iOS. There's plenty of vehicles and 2 great specials if you do the research. Highly recommend it! Great soundtrack too.
Old 11-09-2013, 09:11 AM

Comparing this to Galcon is very unfair it's like comparing an old mini to a Ferrari not really the same thing!