Upcoming Game Excitement

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by iJay, Mar 30, 2011.

1. iJay

iJay Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    it doesn't seem like their is as much excitement over upcoming games anymore... like Minigore for example...

what would it take for TA to get crazy excited about a game again?

2. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    You waited quiiite a while to join the forums if you've been lurking since minigore days. hmmm.

3. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Depends on what its like. If its fresh and new and fills a hole that the appstore needs, then people will go crazy for it. Sometimes, games just look like a hit (Aralon for example). If it also sets the bar for something (Infinity Blade for graphics, ME for longevity) it will get a lot of recognition.

4. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    lol :D hes a teleporting ninja thats y

5. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm pretty damn excited for the upcoming Bug Heroes update. It's practically going to be a brand new game with the amount of content packed into it(new heroes, levels, enemies, turrets, etc...).

Been looking forward to Final Fantasy Tactics as well because I know it will play better on the touchscreen opposed to the PSP version. Really have my fingers crossed for an iPad version release the same day as the iPhone/iTouch version since it's most likely not going to offer universal support. Other than that, I guess whatever is intriguing until then...

6. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Anyone who's anyone is looking forward to the S&S EP iPhone release.

7. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    yup. +1

8. iJay

iJay Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    lol nah, I was looking into Minigore and was reading the old TA articles on it...

9. November's Chopin

November's Chopin Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Uh a good game? :rolleyes:
    Please don't tell me you thought that hype over something like Minigore was actually worth it, and you want the same thing to repeat over another unworthy game. o_O
    This entire last month, or last two months, has been so slow for new games coming out. Barely anything great came out at all. The only game that I still play that came out over the last two months is Drawn: The Painted Towers on iPad. Other than that I'm still stuck with SFIV, Gamebook Adventures, and Sad Princess.