Saving Voice Memos to PC

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Connector, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Is there an easy way to save big voice memos from one's iphone to pc?

They are too big for one email, is there a way to use itunes to save it as a media file? And if so, how can one play it on a pc, is it a standard audio format?

Thanks for the help.

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Just sync your device. It backs up any voice memos you have which can then playback on your PC

3. Thanks! I rarely ever sync my iphone, but guess this is as good of an excuse as any to sync it.

4. Ok, I synched my iphone to my pc, I can see the voice memos on the "on this iphone" menu option.

But I still can not figure out how to get these voice memos to a pc folder. Can anyone please advise further? Thxs.

5. basil

basil Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2013
    It auto creates a voice memos sub folder in your itunes folder. Try searching for "voice memos" in your library or checking your itunes folder

6. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    You want to as if you lose your iPhone you might lose tons of vital stuff

Also any apps you've downloaded which aren't available anymore (or banned) you couldn't download again

I bought a new iPod touch so thankfully could put Gridlee on it as I had that backed previously

Check where you back up your iTunes files and the voice memo will be in there. It's not rocket science!

7. Yeah, thanks, I found it now.