I have an idea for a new game!

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by The#1, Aug 23, 2012.

1. The#1

The#1 Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2012
    I was just thinking how im getting sick of endless runners, and what somebody could do to completely revamp them. And it struck me. How about an endless skater! Remember THPS2, the level where you have to race down the hill and stack as many points as you can, and meat certain goals? Well this would be something like that, except everything would generate randomly! I dont want to get too much into it because im trying to work out how everything would work. But what are your opinions on this idea?

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Sounds like an endless runner on a skateboard, or to put it another way... yet another variation on the endless runner genre. What stops this idea being the same thing people are getting sick of?

Oh, and the level you're thinking of is probably either Mall or Downhill Jam, both of which were in the first game ;)

3. The#1

The#1 Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2012
    #3 The#1, Aug 23, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
    No it wouldnt just be a veriation. You would be doing tricks the whole time to stack your points up. And I would incorperate multiplayer. Think about an endless downhill jam! And you wouldnt be jumping from left to right to avoid obsticles. It would be all about getting the highest score you could based on the tricks you do. The further down the hill you get, the more insane the ramps, drops, and rails would get.

4. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    You gonna make said game?

5. How about a zombie with tiny wings, on a surf board, barreling though some angry birds, jumping over ropes, and with an end goal to join an alligator in the shower to rinse off all sweat?

Would make for a hell of a game...

6. worldalpha

worldalpha Active Member

Jun 29, 2012
    I like. Gonna make it? :)