The Act (Chillingo) $2.99 -> $0.99

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Pandabunny, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Pandabunny

Pandabunny Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Don't know the game, so I can't give a recommendation, but probably somebody else is interested in it:

The Act

★★★★★ The Act is now on sale for limited time! Celebrate summer by downloading this unique, emotion-packed game and help…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    ★★★★★ The Act is now on sale for limited time! Celebrate summer by downloading this unique, emotion-packed game and help Edgar win Sylvia's heart! ★★★★★

Introducing The Act – an exciting new interactive comedy that makes gaming feel like playing a classically-animated movie. Take control of Edgar, a humble window washer, and help him on his quest to save his job, rescue his brother, and woo the woman of his dreams!

• INTUITIVE
    In The Act, you control both Edgar's actions and emotions. Swiping left or right with your finger will cause Edgar to react in different ways, and engage with other characters. Be careful, though, swipe too far and Edgar may get over-confident and things can get out of hand!

• BEAUTIFUL
    Everything about The Act is beautiful, from its classic hand-drawn style, to its warm-hearted character animations, to its captivating storyline. It's unlike anything else on the App Store.

• HILARIOUS
    With amazing, downright-hysterical animations throughout the game, The Act is a tremendous amount of fun for anyone.

For more information or support, please visit www.chillingo.com
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Arcade, Family
    Release:Jun 21, 2012
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    User Rating: (7)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I liked this one for a bit til i got to finish it, but i dont think i'll be loading it again anytime soon.

Should be worth a buck, but it isnt your regular point and click adventure, because it isnt.

3. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Its a QTE game where you gotta be fast in selecting a option but yeah no point and click game

4. A developer recommended this game to play on hdmi tv for House parties or a hot romantic date. He said the game lasts for 20 minutes and is a good social interactive game on hdmi tv. So I will buy, and try. You all, come on over to my house tomorrow, and we'll all play it together!!! ;)

5. #5 Connector, Jan 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
    What is the installed size? Might try to install it temporarily to just check it out if it is less than 750 mb. Thanks.

Adding appinfo=all so we can all see the itunes description.

The Act

★★★★★ The Act is now on sale for limited time! Celebrate summer by downloading this unique, emotion-packed game and help…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    ★★★★★ The Act is now on sale for limited time! Celebrate summer by downloading this unique, emotion-packed game and help Edgar win Sylvia's heart! ★★★★★

Introducing The Act – an exciting new interactive comedy that makes gaming feel like playing a classically-animated movie. Take control of Edgar, a humble window washer, and help him on his quest to save his job, rescue his brother, and woo the woman of his dreams!

• INTUITIVE
    In The Act, you control both Edgar's actions and emotions. Swiping left or right with your finger will cause Edgar to react in different ways, and engage with other characters. Be careful, though, swipe too far and Edgar may get over-confident and things can get out of hand!

• BEAUTIFUL
    Everything about The Act is beautiful, from its classic hand-drawn style, to its warm-hearted character animations, to its captivating storyline. It's unlike anything else on the App Store.

• HILARIOUS
    With amazing, downright-hysterical animations throughout the game, The Act is a tremendous amount of fun for anyone.

For more information or support, please visit www.chillingo.com
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Arcade, Family
    Release:Jun 21, 2012
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    User Rating: (7)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

6. Had a friend over tonight, tried playing together on my tv hdmi. but didn't work cause only one person controls the action, and wasn't puzzle based. Game is pretty funny though. I hear it is really short, but cool story. Seems kind of fun and funny. Didn't play it much cause it didn't work with my friend via hdmi, but it does play well on hdmi by oneself.

7. chubbypillow

chubbypillow Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2012
    NY
    Really short game. Less of a game than Dragons Lair. But still great story-telling and animation.